Bad
Good

I attended Belle Plaine schools from Elementary to High school. The academics were above average, teachers were great, and they had many programs and clubs to choose from. I played 3 different sports and our teams were average, the main problem was small town politics. There were several teacher's children who received special treatment. I have been out for several years and now my siblings are in High School and things have become WAY worse! BAD: They have had to cut many classes and clubs to save money including field trips. Their vocal program is non-existent and there are barely any electives to choose from. The worst change has been their sports teams. Instead of hiring qualified coaches, they give the job to any teacher who wants it. This year our football team won 0 games and our boys varsity b-ball won 2 games. If your parents are well known in this town, then you will play. Conclusion: If you only care about your child's grades and test scores, then BP will be fine. I believe they need to stop paying their administrators so much and spend more time and money helping their students.

I too have attended Belle Plaine Schools since preschool. All throughout my schooling, the teachers have been fantastic. In elementary, middle, and high school I've had dedicated teachers. Of course, there's been a few teachers that I didn't think to highly of, but that's inevitable regardless of where you go. Contrary to a previous review, I believe that the leadership show by the high school staff is superb. I know no other district in the area with the quality of education that these teachers provide. While the facilities aren't top-notch, I don't expect them to be, considering the fact that this is a public school; public schools have little money. School luches aren't great either, but you can always bring your lunch. However, even this fault is being corrected. Overall, I would definitely recommend this district to anyone considering moving to this area.

My children have attended Belle Plaine school's since pre-school. While both the elementary and middle school have quality leadership I have saw the leadership level at the high school deteriorate severely in the past few year's. Belle Plaine continues to have an open school district which allows disciplinary challenged students to attend school alongside our children. Whether this is a factor or not the principal and vice principal have adopted almost police like actions in dealing with all the students, making no exceptions. While the teachers are superb the style of leadership is poor at the top.

Last modified Belle Plaine High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.