Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2013
GREAT school for children of any level; from excelerated learners to special needs children. Challenging and enriching; the staff is very dedicated to each and every student that enters the building. I cannot say enough about the special education department and the investment each individual educator contributed to my son's learning experience, beyond what was outlined in an IEP. Great place for spectrum children. I will forever be grateful for what they have done for my child. The PTO is very active in this school and parental involvement is highly encouraged. Lots of activities throughout the year. Summary: Great people. Great education.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son started mid year last school term (2011-2012). We moved here from Illinois where my son was diagnosed as ADHA/mildly autistic (aspbergers). The school system in Illinois would not help out with the assistance he needed in order to succeed in the classroom or any other social environment for that matter (even though the doctor at the hospital where he received his evaluation said that the school was required by law to get him the therapy he needed, they fought us tooth and nail so my husband took a transfer to Topeka for a better school experience for our son. After MONTHS of research, we decided on Berryton and let me tell you, I am SO gald we did. Since moving here, my son has been evaluated, put on a full IEP plan and has been appointed his OWN paraeducator. Mrs. Maloun ( Special Ed), Mrs. Cline (his 3rd grade teacher) and the other special ed staff have been SO SUPPORTIVE and real troopers, fighting for the success of my child. Berryton has been an answer to our prayers. There are some not so good teachers (mostly specials teachers) that I could do without but for the most part, an A+ school. And, it is true, principal does not return calls and emails - I go around her!!

Berryton Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2011
My three children have attented Berryton Elementary for the past 3 years. I wanted to LOVE Berryton. But, truthfully, I've seen a lot of problems. We've had some really great teachers who have been so supportive, innovative, and very competent. But, we've also had some teachers who treated our children with great disrespect and acted as if they really hated teaching. When I've had issues and needed to speak to the principal, she completely ignored my emails and phone messages. It's been a really frustrating experience all around. I feel like my children are definitely learning. They are not falling through the cracks. However, I have to say that some of the policies and practices there leave me scratching my head and wondering were the logic is. If we had it to do over, I think we would have purchased a home in a different area so that we could've avoided Berryton.

Berryton Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2007
Great school, great teachers, and everything is just so perfect

Posted January 19, 2006
Great district and teachers. The principal is a christian and cares alot about the students as well as the teachers. Great parental involvment!

Posted September 17, 2004
Berryton has always been a school with parent involvement. Parents at this school believe in guideing and helping the teachers out what ever way they can. Since boundaries has changed a little along with new sub divisions we have noticed a lot of new faces. Hopefully this feeling stays with the new families. I have had two kids go to Berryton and my third one is in 2nd grade and I can't say anything bad about the teachers or the system. It is a great school for kids to learn respect, honor,and get the support and help from the staff regarding school. Regarding the principal I can't say anything negative but I haven't got to know him since he is new to the school. The other pincipal had been there for 30 years and he was fantastic.

Berryton Elementary School
2921 SE 69th St, Berryton, KS  66409
Last modified Berryton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.