Bad
Good

Posted July 12, 2015
After having our son in a terrible school we moved him to Park Hill in the middle of the school year and we just loved it. He went from not wanting to go to school to wanting to in no time. The principle is great and talks to the children every morning. She puts on surprise party's for the children at random times and they have to behave in order to go. Our son missed the first one but made every other, after have to hear about it from his friends. I loved his teacher, she really cared about the children and sent home a picture cd of all the things they did throughout the year. It's was great to see all the fun things they got to do. I would say send you child here it is a great school.

Posted April 23, 2014
If you enjoy a proactive and inspiring school this is it. The principal has goals set in place for my child to succeed!

Posted February 10, 2014
I love Park Hill Elementary School. Our new Principal is wonderful. She has really put a lot of energy in getting to know the kids and the parents. My daughter has loved her Kindergarten teacher and all three of my sons loved their 4th and 5th grade teachers. Our music teacher is wonderful and kind and puts on the best choir productions. My kids have really done well here in Derby.

Posted March 09, 2011
We love this school. Our daughter picked our home based on the school in 2008. Admin Staff was very helpful from the beginning until now. Teachers make learning enjoyable. Our daughter looks forward to going to school everyday and complains when we have to take her out of school. This school is instrumental in developing our daughter to become the student we want her to be. Park Hill also offers enrichment classes in Grades 1-3 preparing and challenging students to be a part of the Talented and Gifted program. Our child has flourished personality and academic wise, especially this year. The new principal listens and communicates well. PTO is very active, involved, and raises lots of funds for the school. I definitely would recommend this elementary school to anyone moving in to the community.

Posted April 08, 2010
Our experience with the kindergarten program has been incredible. My daughter adores her teacher and looks forward to going to school each day. Kids are expected to practice reading, writing and math skills at home on a daily basis but the materials make learning fun and interactive. I'm proud to be a Park Hill parent.

Posted September 01, 2009
Park Hill has a new principal this year. The teachers are great and do not assign too much homework. It is a all around wonderful school

Park Hill Elementary School 2

Posted November 28, 2008
We built a home in this area to have our son attend this school since it is the newest (and should be the best). We were somewhat satisfied his first year but have been very disappointed this year. In our opinion, the principal is very unapproachable. The children come home with homework almost nightly starting in kindergarten to the point that I wonder if they learn anything while IN school (or do I only teach my son). My son comes home hungry most days complaining that he did not have time to eat lunch. We have attended his lunches to verify this. The building itself is nice but other than that, I am not impressed.

Posted September 20, 2007
An all around nice school. Clean and the kids really love the caring teachers.

1500 East Woodbrook Ln, Derby, KS  67037
Last modified Park Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.