Bad
Good

The Derby Middle School has been filled with opportunities for my son. He competed with the Scholars Bowl Team, football and now wrestling. He has been given the opportunity to take advanced English classes and algebra as a 7th grader. Currently, he is taking Teen Leadership classes that he is really enjoying. We are preparing for a move to IL, and one of his teachers voluntarily stepped up to help with the transition to ensure he is placed in the correct classes in his new school. We have just found Derby to be a place that we loved to call home and most of that feeling centered on our involvement with the kids school.

I absolutely love derby. I've gone here for about 1and 1/2 years now, and yes there is bullying buy you have to understand. It happens at every school . The teachers can be difficult, but the people that get told they didn't listen the first time didn't. My teachers have always been there for their students. And even if they weren't they have 2 great counselors that I have talked to about many things. One of them is really good with 'drama" and they other is great with family things . You will never be bored here because there are many things to do. They also have a great Special-Education program. I am a teacher's aid in there and the kids are all friendly. The teacher isn't my favorite but the two para's are very helpful and balance it out. Either way, you must really consider Derby as a good school . A lot of people who have post have only had bad experiences. Yes, there are mean teachers . EVERYBODY has them . But my favorite is that they have a 'turkey feather' contest where we raise money for people at our school to have Thanksgiving. It really is great. GO DERBY BULLDOGS!

I agree with the first review, that is very true. I dont agree that Derby Middle School is a great school at all.

Derby is a great school. The teacher do fantastic things and really care for the kids.

Care more about assessment testing than whether or not the student understands what they should be learning. Our child would try to get something explained and be accused of not listening the first time (and it would not be explained). Bullying happens quite a bit (even by teachers). Teachers involved more in gossiping about families of the students than being role models. They have 'conduct cards' that get signed for whatever reason and then the child is labeled as a trouble maker. Some of the teachers are disrespectful to parents. Hope things get better before my second child attends this school. I guess it is a great school if you have an above average student and status.

Last modified Derby Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.