Derby, KS

Tanglewood Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
My son is falling behind in his academics due to the lack of attention from his teacher. Very disturbing to see red notations on his homework yet nothing corrective has been done about it.

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted April 24, 2007

Posted September 29, 2003
This is a wonderful school that truly cares about children. We have had nothing but a postive experience. The staff always goes the extra mile for every child. I have seen them spend long hours working with a child in need, and also those that need extra enrichment! The parents are always welcome and encouraged to come up to the school to help in the classroom. The Principal is wonderful, she greets the students and parents by name every morning. I have always felt at home when I step in the door! I am not sure where the parent that made a comment in June of 2003 is coming from. I have to wonder if she or he had some issuses concering attendance, the school is required to take action according to state law. Aren't we all just looking out for what is best for all children. If parents won't do it, I thank the schools for making parents accountable for their childs attendance! Let's not bash a school that cares about every child's future! Thank you Tanglewood for providing a wonderful learning enviroment for my children!

Posted September 28, 2003
I just read the comments from a parent regarding dr. appointments & such. My daughter has had several appointments, has come in late, I've had to pick her up early before, and the school has never once treated me disrespectfully, or questioned my intentions as a parent. I'm sure they have to question 'some' that perhaps are abusing the system, and perhaps causing difficulty for their own child. Our family has had nothing but the finest experiences at this A+ school. I have a kindergartner getting ready to start & I would think of no other school than this one to put him in.

Tanglewood Elementary School
830 Ridgecrest Rd, Derby, KS  67037
Last modified Tanglewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanglewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top