Derby, KS

Posted May 30, 2012
This school is a wonderful place. The entire staff is welcoming and genuinely concerned about the children. They have a "school family" feeling. I have volunteered in 4 classrooms, and I am constantly impressed with what the children are accomplishing. They are engaged and excited. My children have very different learning styles, and both their needs are being met. I can't imagine my children attending any other school.

Posted October 13, 2007
This will be my childrens' second year at this school. We are a military family, and move often. This is one of the best schools my children have had the opportunity to attend. The teachers are great, and are really interested in helping the children learn. Dr. Silvertooth is amazing, and cares about each child as if they were his own - with a kind word and a smile for everyone. This school is also extremely supportive of the military children that attend.

Posted August 13, 2007

Posted May 10, 2004
I've had 3 children attend this school. It is one of the most sought after schools in the area. Teacher turn over rate is non existent and Dr. Silvertooth, the principal, is a treasure. The class sizes tend to be maxed out due the high interest in this school. However, the education my children received was outstanding. They were definitely focused on learning, even with full classes as opposed to discipline. If you have the opportunity to buy a house in this school zone, definitely do! It's worth it.

Derby Hills Elementary School
2230 North Woodlawn, Derby, KS  67037
Last modified Derby Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Derby Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top