Fort Leavenworth, KS

Posted April 26, 2015
Bradley Elementary is an amazing school. Mrs. Culkin is a great principal and made Bradley a home away from home for my son. The facilities are fantastic and the atmosphere is warm, friendly and professional. Curriculum is great and kids flex learn Maths and English , so children learn at their own pace and never move on to a different subject until a full understanding is accomplished. My son had Ms. Stark in 5th grade and she is kind, patient and fun! If my son had trouble understanding a subject she would go over it again and again until he understood . She is amazing as she did this without undermining his confidence or self esteem. All the teachers are great and the front office staff are sooo helpful and pleasant! Special shout out to Nurse Gilewich who really helped this year when my son had medical issues. Thanks Bradley for making my son a straight A student and we are privileged to have our son attend such a great school!

Bradley Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2014
The teachers didn't control the students at all. I hated how Science was done in a useless lab and overall it was just an absolute mess. I loved the Planetarium, but other than that it really made my academic experience go downhill. If you're in for the socialization it's a great experience, but the work really isn't challenging and you can get away with almost anything. I'm a former student, so things might have changed though. The only thing that works in education is high expectations and I never really saw any teaching. I could've just skipped a grade and I would've been fine.

Posted August 22, 2013
Bradley Elementary School is one of the best schools I have been with. They have gone out of there way for my son. They ask what I need for him, and in a week they had it. Not questions asked. All the teachers and stuff look out for your child. They work with you and your family. I could not be any more happier I am right now.

Posted May 13, 2013
Best public education our son ever received. Gorgeous school with top-notch amenities. All other schools are a major let-down. Love the different level math and reading groups; your child is able to learn at their ability level...fantastic idea! We sure miss the planetarium, science center, art, and music program. Well, just EVERYTHING about this school! 2011-2012

Posted February 16, 2013
The principal is very involved and knows each student by name. The pick up/drop off process is seamless. The online communication makes everything easy on their website (lunch balance, classroom information,etc..) The curr. is challenging and for things like math some grades may be broken up based upon ability (really benefited my child). The music/art teachers really taught the students a lot. The homework for 5th/6th graders was not overwhelming. My child learned a lot, continued to love learning and never felt bullied at any time. The technology used was VERY current and my child is ready for middle school with confidence.

Posted December 09, 2012
Excellent experience for my special needs son. My son who did Kindergarten and first grade had very caring teachers and a great support team overall. It will be hard to find another school that I am as confortable with. Mrs Lee at the front desk is fantastic.Great team of professionals. Thumbs up for the Principal and staff. Parent.

Bradley Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2012
Some parent reviews state that the administrator at this school listens to parents; however this is not always true. He seems rude and condescending to those who do not agree with his decisions. There are some teachers who care about their students, but there are also teachers who appear to dislike children, evidenced by the tone of voice. There is at least one teacher who allows the students to use foul language in the classroom, and if other students complain, they are called tattlers. If a child has special needs, the other teachers or subs are not aware; therefore the child may be punished for not understanding directions. Bottom line; send your child to another elementary on base if possible.

Bradley Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2012
First off the positive. I have found the teachers and staff to be wonderful. The principal is great with the kids and really seems to care. State of the art facility. I don't regret sending my 3rd grade and K children this year. They have really enjoyed it. Previously I homeschooled. I have found that I prefer the curriculum (Abeka) I was using much more. Both of my children are behind where they would have been if we had continued to homeschool. For K it seems the focus is on using pictures to read, not phonics. One of them has dietary issues. I found that I could not get a heads up on treats coming in the class ahead of time in order for me to send something else in. So my child has had to watch others eat treats. This is more of a teacher issue, although I really like her. We had meetings discussing certain things about my child that didn't seem to sink in until about half the year was gone. I wondered why these things were not addressed right away. Considering we brought them up the very first week of school. It seems that she may have so much to do that it's hard to keep up with all the idividual needs of students. Overall good school, but I feel is a bit behind in academics.

Bradley Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2012
Coming from an excellent school system in another state, this school lacks academically. You may have to supplement your child's learning at home to keep them with their peers in other states. My kindergartner is bored and talks about all the TV he watches in the classroom. He complains about going to school every day. Breaks my heart! We are thinking about sending him to a private school off post. My 3rd grader likes his classroom and teacher. The school is state of the art and offers more than any other school we have seen. The principal is amazing and very involved in everything. Most staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall pleased with the school but disappointed with the academics.

Posted August 24, 2011
I am, and have always been, highly impressed with this school. This is our 2nd year at Bradley and I couldn't be happier. My son is ADHD and high functioning aspergers and I have been very pleased with how the school handles children with special needs. Mr. Ernst, the principal, is a very hands on administrator. He is always outside during drop off and pick up times. He knows all the kids by name and is willing to listen to them at any time. He is very visible at all school functions and is very approachable. The teachers are absolutely top notch. Mrs. Crader, my son's 1st grade teacher, is amazing. She really thinks about ALL of her children and what their classroom needs are, so that everyone has a chance to succeed. She has managed to handle my child's needs in such a way that his is involved and engaged in his class and can be himself, but isn't disruptive or separated from his peers. I am awed by her and her techniques. She thought of many things that even *I* haven't and will be adding to his IEP when we move. The school itself is kept in tip top condition and includes a planetarium! I have nothing but good things to say about this school.

Bradley Elementary School
1 Bradley Circle, Fort Leavenworth, KS  66027
Last modified Bradley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bradley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top