Fort Riley Middle School 4

Posted September 12, 2014
This school focuses on academics first and foremost. Athletics probably would not even come in second place in importance. Your child will succeed and learn in this school if you are a parent that is involved in your child's learning. The rating scores are low for this school, however the majority of the teachers and staff are pretty good. I do not think the test scores for this school are a complete reflection on the teachers but rather on the capabilities of the students and the help they can get at home for their school work.

Posted May 02, 2013
Our experience with Fort Riley Middle School was disappointing. There is a distinct lack of academic rigor - with virtually zero homework assigned. Work that is assigned outside of class can generally be completed by students during the school day. My student was simply bored on the vast majority of the days. Moreover, many of the teachers and the current administrators do not partner in a meaningful way with parents to generate a healthy home-school relationship. On one occasion, we were actually forbidden from meeting with a teacher to discuss ways to partner for an issue our student was having. I am taking my issues to the school board. I recommend enrolling your students in adjacent middle schools if you are moving to Fort Riley, Kansas.

Posted November 10, 2010
My daughter attended FRMS for three years and walked out of the building a well rounded young lady. Her teachers were caring, understanding and had high expectations for her academic performance. Her gifted teacher did an awesome job preparing her for high school advance english. I especially liked the Parent Portal and the instant access to her grades and assignments. KT

Posted September 13, 2009

Posted July 20, 2009
This is a great scholl great nice freindly teacher and as a whole is a safe fun place to go to school I would not change it for the world

Posted March 31, 2009
Staff are Awesome. Mainly, Mrs. Hertel is the best in the world. A big help for anyone who wants to do anything in the school. A+ Mrs. Hertel!

Posted January 16, 2009
If you are thinking about putting your child into this school don't. As a military parents of 17 years and many excellent schools, this is the WORST one we have ever encountered. My son who has HADDS has gone from kinder to 6th a straight A student we moved to FT. Riley and his 7th and 8th grade has been the worst nightmare of his and our lifes. His grades are all failing and he might have to resit the 8th grade. It is certainly not because he isn't bright and it isn't because we haven't tried to contact the teachers and work things out. There are a few special caring teachers there but not a lot. The principal is aweful and couldn't care less as for the counselor, don't even bother asking to talk to one of them they don't care either. My son is miserable and lost. Not good

Posted January 14, 2009
excelent teachers and staff

Posted December 17, 2008

Posted October 28, 2008

Fort Riley Middle School
4020 First Division Rd, Fort Riley, KS  66442
Last modified Fort Riley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Riley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top