Ware Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 753 students

Posted November 18, 2013

I attended ware elementary in 1990-91. The faculty and staff members are very awesome people. very nice area and the school system was and still today is very impactful.

Posted February 12, 2013

I was amazed by the tecnology in this school and the amount of effort that was put into helping my child. My son has an IEP and his classroom teacher (Mrs. Dressman, 1st Grade) goes above and beyond what what her job description is to help her student. The other staff are very friendly, upbeat, positive, and willing to help. I love the Ware Bear motivation system they used in my sons first grade class. His teacher was great at communicating with us. This is a great school and I am sad that we had to leave.

Posted February 16, 2012

My Son started school at Ware Elementary! We are getting ready to PCS and we are both sad about leaving Ware! The two teachers (K-1) he has had have been so amazing and sweet! I absolutely love them and the communication between parents and teacher is great. I love how the do a reward system for positive behavior it works so great! I have had some issues there were the front desk staff seemed snotty and rude but I just brushed it to them hating their job or having a bad day. In the end my Son excelled and loved his teacher. I do have to say though after reading the reviews we have been there for 2 years and I have never met the principal!

Posted May 23, 2011

Ware has some of the most energetic, positive, and friendly teachers I have encountered. Their use of Love and Logic in the classroom was a huge success for my son and my entire family. My son attended Ware for K and 1st grades. His love of reading was developed by the teachers at Ware. He will enter 4th grade next year at his 3rd school since Ware(tis our military life) and I still give a lot of credit for his success in school and life to Ware. Mrs. Bogenhagen and Mrs. Dressman are 2 of the most gifted educators I've ever met. Thank You Ware Bears!

Posted March 29, 2011

Yes, Ware Elementary may be the largest school on base. But it stands out. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful. The teachers are bubbly and nice. My kids went to Ware but due to rezoning now attend FRE. Ware had a wonderful events such as the math night, chili night , freedom walk , to name a few. The Principal is wonderful as well! One teacher really stood out at Ware. Mrs Lang ( Now Mrs Dressman) If you can get her for 2nd grade, you will be impressed. She is one of those teachers that really stand out and goes above and beyond.

Posted September 28, 2009

I have two children who attend this school and i love it. my kids get a good amount of attention and they learn alot.

Posted July 25, 2009

I love Ware School. Other than some parents r rude when it comes to parking, I had no problem with my 3 children attending this school. Teachers r friendly and fair. I like when the class was separated in group levels when it came to english and math hours.

Posted June 20, 2008

I love this school. There was so much support from the parents and teachers on everything. The tutoring was excellent. The teachers are amazing. My kids loved going to school. They were top of their class. The no violence rule was great too.

Posted May 18, 2008

I spent some time working at Ware in the past, and if you look purely at test scores, it is an amazing school. However, this is all the principal cares about. She is hard to reach, often spending time in her office and not interacting with parents. The reading curriculum is not at all challenging for students- tehy are grouped accordto level and this is as far as it goes. AIf you want your student to receive a good test score, tgo to SWare. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Posted December 24, 2007

This school focuses on children who are having trouble. They do not help children who are above level. In the end, all they care about is the test scores at the end of the year! The only subjects emphasized in school are Reading and Math (2 hours each) because that is what the test at the end of the year is on. There is rarely Social Studies or Science lessons and there is no homework at all. I think this is the worst school I have ever seen!

Posted December 13, 2007

This school does not have very friendly staff. The teachers are not very knowledgeable about any kind of behavioral and attention problems. They do not offer any kind of extracurricular activities that are age-appropriate.

Posted September 22, 2006

I'm surprised at the reviews listed here. It may be obvious to some, but the comments below about Ware's principal are more about angry ranting than about fact. The facts (test scores, building 'report card', etc.) speak for themselves. Ware Elementary has some of the highest achieving kids in the state. Parents are welcome to volunteer in the classroom, with PTO, in the library and elsewhere. This is a large school but there is a great team atmosphere. Ware is truly a school where all children (from the gifted to the learning disabled and everything in between) have the opportunity to succeed.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted March 16, 2006

I've had 3 children in this school for nearly 4 years and have found the entire staff to be exemplary. The principal is occasionally unavailable, but I've never known her to ignore an issue. When she took over this school, the majority of the kids were not reading on grade level...now nearly all of them are. She and the rest of the staff here are directly responsible for that turnaround. She is proud of her school's awards (as she should be), proud of her staff, and very proud of her students. While she may sometimes come across as brusque with parents, she is dedicated and committed to the kids. Isn't that what matters? The kids work hard but they get extra recess and celebration time often. Once I got more involved, volunteering, I began to see what an amazing place this is...I am proud to say my kids attend Ware.

Posted July 21, 2005

I am very impressed with the teaching staff at Ware, however, each time I have dealt with the principal or assistant principal, I have not been impressed. My children love school are very developed academically, much thanks to the teaching staff. I have brought many issues to the principal and have found that if the ideas or the complaints are not important to her, they will not be addressed, period. She is not a pleasant person, nor do I feel she is a professional in the interests of the children. I am certainly elated that I do not have to talk to her on regular basis, or worse yet, work with her.

Posted January 6, 2005

I have two children at Ware. I have to agree with the previous reviewer when it comes to the principal. She is not a nice woman, to the students or the parents. She does not care about the childrens' education. She cares about her schools blue ribbon status and how that makes her look. The children are just a means to an end for her. I have tried to meet with her to discuss my child's needs. The secretary called me back with this explanation, 'She said she is busy and she told me to ask you what you want.' So I was suppose to discuss my child's educational needs with the secretary because the principal could not be bothered to meet with a parent. The teachers that my children have had so far are wonderful though. They truly care about the children and their education.

Posted December 21, 2004

The school is not parent or child friendly. The teachers are wonderful but the 3 principals, discipline staff, and 7 hour school day are the problem. The principal states that she would love to have parents participate but if you do not agree with how they run the school, you will have problems. The school day is so long and Ware is the only school with one out door break. All other schools in the district have at least two if not three. I have four children that attend this school and this is the first year that my kids hate school. I was told when I paid to join PTO, I have no say in how the PTO works. Only the PTO members that are employees of the school get to decide. Parents and teachers are not included in Ware PTO. This is the worst school ever.

Posted October 14, 2004

My two children attend Ware and I am very happy with it. It is different than we are used to, coming from a private school, But i trully am pleased. Both of my children have wonderful teachers. This is the first year my daughter has woken up ready to go to school. :)

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2012.

110 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

112 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2011-2012 Kansas used the Kansas State Assessments (KSA) to test students in grades 3 though 8, 11 and 12 in reading and math; in grades 4, 7, 11 and 12 in science; and in grades 6, 8 and 12 in history-government. The tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2012.

105 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2012.

101 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 88% in 2012.

102 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2012.

94 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2012.

91 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2009.

89 students were tested at this school in 2009.

All Students97%

Economically disadvantaged94%
Students with disabilities95%
Proficient in English85%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Kansas State Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students96%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 83%N/A48%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now