Goddard, KS

Goddard High School 2

Posted November 03, 2014
This school has lots of clubs and extra circular activities. They need to work on teacher communication with parents. They believe it is up to the student to communicate what's going on. I think with skyward, email, text messaging or phones this could be done easily. They also ignore instead of addressing bullying. Their teaching style is assigning extreme amounts of homework not allowing time for balance of family, jobs and life. It's up to the students to learn. The teachers don't teach. ----- a parent of Goddard students for 11 yrs.

Posted December 29, 2008
This school is of course really good for college bound schools. They have good college classes are they easy to take and have amazing teachers there to help and understand. The leadership of the school is outstanding, everyone there in sports, band, orchestra etc. takes charge always knowing what to do. Safety is an important issue to every parent, as safety goes, there are cameras placed in different parts of the building that watched daily to what goes on in the hall ways and parking lot. There are even security cops who walk around school and make sure everything is going well and fine.

Posted November 21, 2008
Goddard High school is the one and only high school to get everything that you want. They have great sport teams, also great clubs and Organizations. I am actually and ambassador there we help new students out and welcoming all new freshmen and also its great to make new friends I am glad I got the chance to be at a top rated school.

Posted February 06, 2008
Great school, especially for college bound students. Its a great 'big/little school'-good size but doesn't feel like it. Most teachers are wonderful and the general attitudes from both teachers and students is much more positive. When I have kids someday I want to send them to a school like Goddard.

Posted December 22, 2007
I atttended Goddard High from 2001-2005 and enjoyed it very much. I started as a new student and had no problem making friends, yet I was not in the preppy or cool crowd. I was extremely inpressed with all of the programs offered, from football to band to theatre. I was involved in band and orchestra, and I was not outcast by the rest of the students for it. They have a lot to offer and represent the outside world pretty well. I would recommend this district to anyone.

Posted October 19, 2007
Although Goddard High is a good school as far as education is concerned, I think they need to work on their attitudes here. If you want [your kids] to be accepting of differences and live in the real world, I would choose another school.

Goddard High School 3

Posted August 08, 2007
Goddard High school is a good school with good teachers and parents. But I feel that its principal leadership needs to work more with its students understand what the student want and need. P.S. A ROTC proghram would go good with this school

Posted May 08, 2007

Posted March 22, 2004
Although I still feel that running up and down steps in gym class is dangerous ----and I believe that I have been mis-led on occasions by office personel --- I Rate Goddard High School highly .

2500 South 199 St West, Goddard, KS  67052
Last modified Goddard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goddard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top