Hutchinson, KS

Posted May 08, 2013
Awful experience at this school. I personally walked in on teachers gossiping and/or griping about students in the presence of others. While I understand that teachers are just "human" and have many flaws, this goes WAY beyond unprofessional! I am disgusted that this behavior is allowed to continue and is not directly and immediately addressed by the less than caring principal. There are many reasons why principals should be shifted around every few years so that this type of comfort doesn't develop. Students should come first and at Wiley that is defintely not the case in my experience.

Wiley Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2010
My children have had excellent teachers at Wiley which has kept them interested and excited about school. We had one bad experience but that teacher is no longer at the school. The facility is very nice after the bond issue improvements. The principal works very hard and cares about Wiley. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to be involved. Like all schools there are not as many involved parents as there could or should be.

Posted May 27, 2010
I feel Wiley is a great place to learn. My kids have had an excellent experience here with the teachers and administration.

Posted May 27, 2010
I feel that Wiley is a very caring and friendly school. The leadership is very concerned about the well being of the school and the students in general.

Posted May 26, 2010
I feel that Wiley is a great place to work. The staff is very caring. I feel that they go beyond the call of duty for the students. I have personally witnessed staff giving there own time as well as money for the care of students.

Posted August 20, 2009
Wiley is a great school with a great number of staff and supports for the students. The leadership at Wiley is of the highest quality with the principal caring about each individual student and his or her needs. The staff strives everyday to help increase student knowledge and test scores with growth occurring everyday.

Posted December 19, 2008
Well... interesting reviews. I actually taught at Wiley and found the principal to be very difficult to work for as she played major favorites amongst staff and students. What parents don't see behind the scenes is not pretty and there is a high level of uneasiness within the small staff. A few teachers that are still there are causing problems for others and Wiley is losing very talented teachers because of it. I would not ever send my children there as long as CC is the principal. It's interesting how things are covered up so the outside doesn't see what really is going on.

Wiley Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2008
I couldn't disagree more with the other reviews! The principal works very hard to assure that each student is given the best opportunity possible to learn. There was one teacher that caused numerous problems in the fall of 2007 but she quit (thankfully) and things are once again wonderful. The school is undergoing new construction that will add more classrooms and media center. We love Wiley and wouldn't send our kids anywhere else.

Posted February 05, 2008
School is going downhill academically.

Wiley Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2007
We were disappointed with leadership in the school, specifically the Principal. We believe the teachers are caring and good but limited support from overhead. We had heard such good things about Wiley but now wished we had stayed with previous school. This is just an average school.

Wiley Elementary School
900 West 21st, Hutchinson, KS  67502
Last modified Wiley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wiley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top