No rating

St. Xavier Catholic School

Private | PK-12 | 195 students

Living in Junction City

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $82,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $610.

Posted April 30, 2014

The school itself is a good environment for kids, however, the 3rd grade teacher is absolutely horrible at teaching. Several of us parents complained that our children have actually lost intelligence with her teaching. The school curriculum is on the same level as public a public school so don't expect your child to be taught a grade level ahead. The school sticks up for the teachers right or wrong.

Posted April 14, 2014

St. Xavier is a School that want the Students to succeed. The teachers takes time to know the students and help them to be the best they can.

Posted April 9, 2014

The school contains excellent, hard working staff. The students are all unique in their own way, but fit perfectly with the staff and family atmosphere. The student are held to high expectations and continue to score well on national and state assessments.

Posted April 8, 2014

Great school that provides a warm and caring environment for my children. We had debated on moving and stayed in the area because we had found such a great school for the kids.

Posted April 8, 2014

This is my first year with the school. I have been impressed with the staff, the caring of the parents, and the quality of our religion teachers. Most of all, I am very pleased with how I see the students caring for and accepting of each other.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 8, 2014

St X is truly an amazing school! The student to teacher ratio is amazing! I have three children who attend and they love their teachers and the experience! Communication between staff and parents is first rate! I would hands down recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 8, 2014

This is our first year at ST X and all three of our children are getting a good education in a positive and Christian environment. I would recommend this school to all our friends. If it weren't for the military moving us again, we would be back at ST X next year!

Posted March 26, 2014

St. Xavier Catholic School offers a Christ-centered environment where Christian values are taught, modeled, learned and lived. In addition to daily prayer, weekly masses and prayer services, we offer a religious education rooted in Catholic tradition, and challenge students to put their "faith in action" by sharing their time and talents in the community around them. Although I do not have children currently attending St. Xavier, my daughters did attend from preschool through 12th grades. My daughter, who lives in Junction City, plans to send her daughter to St. Xavier when she is old enough for preschool. What a great testimony to a wonderful school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 23, 2014

I am very pleased with our experience at St. Xaviers. My young children are reserved in nature and the small school environment has allowed them to thrive instead of getting lost in the shuffle. As a parent, I feel that my children are receiving and excellent education in a SAFE and supportive environment - not true for all schools in this area. St. Xaviers has qualified teachers and staff that work well together and the school is fully accredited. I realize that the lack of public funding effects some aspects of the school but I do not feel that it hinders my childrens' education in any way. I have also come to know that St. Xavier student have access to some things offered through the public school district -such as thier busing and speech therapy program- at no additional cost. People are often concerned about the cost of attending a private school but I feel that it has been money well spent. My children are not only learning to be good students but good people as well.

Posted February 21, 2014

If you are looking for a great school in this area, you should start with St. Xavier. The class sizes are small (10-11 students in the High School) so the teachers have more than sufficient time to work with each student. We are very pleased with the curriculum at Saint Xavier. Our son also plays basketball and they have a great program for both boys and girls. And they have a lot of other activities and programs as well. If your child is interested in band, their program is fantastic. Look them up--it'll be worth your while.

Posted January 8, 2014

The education here is excellent. Teachers and staff are great. My son attends preschool. We will miss this school when we pcs.

Posted January 30, 2008

The education my daughter has recieved at St. X has been great. Her teacher is a blessing and I am so grateful to have had the experience we've had this year. The administration has changed through the 2007-2008 school year as well as some of the rulles for students. I don't agree with the way things were handled with the administration change over, but all in all it has turned out to be an 'ok' switch. Communication between parents and teachers/administartion could be worked on a little more. Overall, we would send our children there again!

Posted May 30, 2007

My daughter attended this school throughout her educational career. Her education prepared her to be successful in college. Its one large family with very caring teachers. The atmosphere is one of student success. All students can play sports and be involved in all school activities. Fun place to work too! This is an army town with a very diverse population. It pays to have smaller classes for more teacher attention at St. X. The priest is a down to earth fellow. No crime, high morals, safe environment. Not so at public schools in this town.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted May 3, 2007

I am a retired elementary school principal. I met Mr Moris on a recently 3 month visit to Junction City where my great niece attends school. I was very impressed with the leadership, caring attitudes and willingness to listen to suggestions. The loving yet firm attitude of her teacher Ms Millard was was welcome relief.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted April 26, 2007

The school is always low on money and the extracurricular activities are seriously lacking. Class size is small but that does not guarantee a good education. Go to the public schools in the area for a better all around experience for your children.

Posted April 5, 2007

The PreK program is the best that I have experienced. The teachers are veru dedicated to their students and I love sending my son to St. X. T

Posted October 16, 2006

The quality of academic programs is very good. There are small classes so students get alot of one on one time with the teachers. However it is a small school so there is not a great sports program but there is music and art classes. There are not many electives do to 2-12 grade is in one smaller building. Parents can be greatly involved in the PTA that the school has.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 8, 2005

Dedicated teachers, administration that is committed to seeing students succeed. Small student to teacher ratio provides tremendous one on one learning experience for my children. All kids who go out for athletics are almost guaranteed on court playing time, as long as they remain academically eligible. Need more high school female students participating in sports. I have been impressed with the progress the band teacher has made with his students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA,NCAA
Fax number
  • (785) 238-5021

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Salina