Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have "life skills" and students are rewarded continuously for doing the right thing. They do more integrity among other important points of character

My son has been at this school from 1st grade through 3rd and we COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with our decision. I do not know why this school os not rated as a 10! He has a severe but allergy and they are wonderful with making sure he is safe in his class as well as in the cafeteria. He is NOT excluded from any activities and the staff and teachers take the time to know you and address concerns immediately. The principal (Mrs. Jackson) is outside in the morning to greet every student.

I can not say enough good things about Spring Valley Elementary! We are a military family and we are raising our nephew. He has been attending Spring Valley Elementary since Kindergarten and is currently in First Grade. He currently has an IEP and has always struggled with emotional and behavioral issues caused by the stress of family situation. In Kindergarten he was constantly in trouble and there seemed to be no end in site. After staying in contact with the school including the principal Mrs. Jackson-the decision to put him in a program called TLC was made starting this year-First grade. It has been the best decision my husband and I have made. My nephew is showing vast improvement and it would not be possible with out the help of his teacher, Mrs. Breese, his paras, school counselor, and Mrs. Jackson. I was so skeptical of Kansas and have been amazed by the caring and knowledgeable people here. It is an awesome school for any child and it's a blessing to know that a child that struggles with other issues gets the help they need to succeed. If you are an involved parent-which helps your child succeed-the school is right there with you. Thank you Spring Valley!

Spring Valley is a great school! My kids have been going there since it opened. All of the teachers are amazing! The Principal is very nice and she interacts with the kids and you can tell she loves what she does. The kids get to do personal best activities. Each morning all of the kids use sign language to do their life skills song.The school has lots of military children and kids come and go. Has great technology in the classrooms! The parking lot is a little small and dropping kids up and off is a pain.

If your child is coming from another state with an IEP or a 504 accommodation plan, do not enroll your child into this school. The staff may appear to be nice but they will try to do everything they can do drag their feet with following your child's IEP or 504 due to lack of experience with implementing and monitoring/measuring IEPs and 504s AND due to the lack of funding. The sole purpose is to have the IEP or 504 downgraded or dare I say it, discontinued?! They do not provide feedback to show how your is doing academically because you barely receive any teacher graded / checked work the kids do on paper. Parent volunteering is not encouraged so you do really see whats goings on. We military families suffer a lot due to moving around and having to leave great schools for lousy ones. This is our second rotten egg school since we left Hawaii.

Spring Valley is a great school. This is our fifth year and I have 3 children now in the school. The teachers are the best. Mrs. Jackson is awesome. Most importantly, my children love getting up and going to school. As a previous military family I have been exposed to many educational systems and I can say that Spring Vally gives stability to all the kids. The school has alot of military children and Mrs. Jackson knows exactly how to make the all feel at home and loved. The school understands the needs of military children, especially during deployments. I love Spring Valley.

My daughter attended Kindegarten at Spring Valley and had a wonderful experience. Not only is it a beautiful and new schoo, the faculty and staff are great. They all have good values and really care about the kids. Her teacher was great and the really had a heart for the kids in the school who needed extra help. My daughter was not one of those, but you could really see how the school tries to meet all of the needs. Great location and easy to get to.

The school itself is a very nice updated building with great technology in the classroom. However, drop off and pick up is a nightmare! There is no organization, no crossing guards, and lack of adult supervision during these times. As far as teaching, our children love their teachers because they're nice, but they seem to progressing slower than they were at our previous duty station. As a military family, this is our third elementary school we have encountered. While the school is new and impressive, the lack of academic challenge is disappointing.

I am a teacher at Spring Valley. I choose to stay at this school because of the staff, parents, and our district. The principal is a strong, calm, and patient leader. The staff is a healthy combination of new and experienced and all are part of the S.V. family. We work very hard to make sure that all families feel welcome and that all students achieve and do their personal best.

This is a very good school .. Teachers are so great.

Last modified Spring Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.