Posted May 03, 2013
Spring Valley is a great school! My kids have been going there since it opened. All of the teachers are amazing! The Principal is very nice and she interacts with the kids and you can tell she loves what she does. The kids get to do personal best activities. Each morning all of the kids use sign language to do their life skills song.The school has lots of military children and kids come and go. Has great technology in the classrooms! The parking lot is a little small and dropping kids up and off is a pain.

Spring Valley Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2012
If your child is coming from another state with an IEP or a 504 accommodation plan, do not enroll your child into this school. The staff may appear to be nice but they will try to do everything they can do drag their feet with following your child's IEP or 504 due to lack of experience with implementing and monitoring/measuring IEPs and 504s AND due to the lack of funding. The sole purpose is to have the IEP or 504 downgraded or dare I say it, discontinued?! They do not provide feedback to show how your is doing academically because you barely receive any teacher graded / checked work the kids do on paper. Parent volunteering is not encouraged so you do really see whats goings on. We military families suffer a lot due to moving around and having to leave great schools for lousy ones. This is our second rotten egg school since we left Hawaii.

Posted February 10, 2012
Spring Valley is a great school. This is our fifth year and I have 3 children now in the school. The teachers are the best. Mrs. Jackson is awesome. Most importantly, my children love getting up and going to school. As a previous military family I have been exposed to many educational systems and I can say that Spring Vally gives stability to all the kids. The school has alot of military children and Mrs. Jackson knows exactly how to make the all feel at home and loved. The school understands the needs of military children, especially during deployments. I love Spring Valley.

Posted June 25, 2011
My daughter attended Kindegarten at Spring Valley and had a wonderful experience. Not only is it a beautiful and new schoo, the faculty and staff are great. They all have good values and really care about the kids. Her teacher was great and the really had a heart for the kids in the school who needed extra help. My daughter was not one of those, but you could really see how the school tries to meet all of the needs. Great location and easy to get to.

Spring Valley Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2011
The school itself is a very nice updated building with great technology in the classroom. However, drop off and pick up is a nightmare! There is no organization, no crossing guards, and lack of adult supervision during these times. As far as teaching, our children love their teachers because they're nice, but they seem to progressing slower than they were at our previous duty station. As a military family, this is our third elementary school we have encountered. While the school is new and impressive, the lack of academic challenge is disappointing.

Posted October 16, 2010
I am a teacher at Spring Valley. I choose to stay at this school because of the staff, parents, and our district. The principal is a strong, calm, and patient leader. The staff is a healthy combination of new and experienced and all are part of the S.V. family. We work very hard to make sure that all families feel welcome and that all students achieve and do their personal best.

Posted March 29, 2010
This is a very good school .. Teachers are so great.

Spring Valley Elementary School
1601 Hickory Ln, Junction City, KS  66441
Last modified Spring Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.