Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have assemblies, posted guidelines, class meetings, and a student support monitor that focus on empoering students against bullyong behaviors.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I see adults at school going above and beyond to make learning accessible to all students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is always available to speak with parents, staff, or students. She genuinely cares about each child and does whatever it takes for them to experience success at school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach lifeskill lessons every morning in the gym and have assemblies with prsenters that reinforce what they taught.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They collaborate with one another, students, and the parents to ensure success. The community is also a strong supporter of their efforts.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is assigned to practice skills taught in the classroom. They also expect twenty minutes of reading per night to increase fluency and comprehension.

All staff members dedicate themselves to serving the students....respect, responsibility, integrity, and positivity are the themes by which they live and teach. Students from Sheridan have a high rate of success and scholarship receipts in their high school careers.

We absolutely love this school. When we moved here I looked to great schools for some answers on schools, but its sad there isn't any updated reviews. This school is amazing. We moved from out of state where I didn't think we would find a school to even come close to where my daughter was for K-2nd, but Sheridan has exceeded my expectations. The small school feeling makes it more personal for the children. The teachers are very hands on with any questions you may have. The PTO is amazing with all that they supply for our children. Everyone in this school seems to want our children to succeed and grow with a great education. Love the principal. Can't wait for the school to get a little face lift this year to accommodate our kiddos even more because it's much deserved. This school district rocks. Not many districts provide a laptop for every student, but this one is so advanced in helping our children learn WITH technology. I could go on and on, but not sure if I'm allowed a certain number of characteristics lol. If you choose Sheridan I promise you won't be disappointed.

I have been having issues with the principal of this school all year. Any kind of communication comes as a flippant disrespectful response from Principal Coleman. If there was a lower rating I could give than one star I would! Parents watch out!

This school looks like a postcard perfect school but it isn't. My child has been routinely bullied and after notifying the principal about the issue I received a flagrant response of kids will be kids. Terrible principal leadership!

Last modified Sheridan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.