Junction City, KS

Westwood Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2012
I am disgusted at how I have seen some teachers and a few aides treat the children.Monday Mrs. Allen atkinson got after a little girl in the hall in the meanest way, that was the first sign this place was trouble. Just yesterday morning I witnessed an aide yell at the 2nd graders as if they were in boot camp! My daughter just moved to this school yesterday and she came home in tears today. I have never seen her so upset over school. Her teacher made her eat orange peels at snack and wouldn't let her have a drink...again. The only reason I gave this school 2 stars is because the only decent adults I have met were the office staff. I can't believe these adults are always yelling and mean to the kids and all of these parents think this place is so great!

Posted August 07, 2008
4 of my six children have attended westwood and i am so pleased to know that the teachers and staff are some of the best in the district.

Posted May 28, 2008
As a former student, I was thrilled when we moved back and I was able to send my daughter here. She has done fantastic. The teachers and staff are wonderful. I could not ask for a better school to have my daughter attend.

Posted November 27, 2006
My daughter had Mrs Allen- Atkinson for kindergarten and we were very pleased. She is an amazing teacher. My daughter learned so much from her. She was very excited about school and learned something new everyday. My daughter even learned her alphabet in a month. We love her. Best teacher ever!

Posted August 24, 2006

Posted June 01, 2006
My daughter attended another school in Junction City and I took her out of that school and placed her in Westwood Elementary and the results were excellent. The staff is so postive and friendly My daughter did very well on her state test and that was all due to the teaching at Westwood Elem now she is ready for the Middle School.

Posted November 13, 2005
- a former student
This is a really good school. They have a great reading program and also and great After school program(CCLC) thats help students with their home work.

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2004
Westwood has an advantage over a lot of schools,they are lucky to haves assets like shelley kite and cheri (secretary). The school teachers always seem to have a smile on their face. Also, my son being a very intelligent boy has never shown his potiental until attending westwood. I would certainly recommend westwood to any child/parent.

Westwood Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2004
There is a good reading program. During lunch the children are not allowed to talk, if they do minutes from recess are taken away. May 2004

Westwood Elementary School
1600 North Eisenhower Dr, Junction City, KS  66441
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top