9-12 & Ungraded
Junction City, KS

Posted October 14, 2014
My son goes to the freshman success academy! Let me just say his teacher's are awesome! I was so scared that he would not fit in ext. He loves the football program and the teachers that surround him! I really have nothing bad to say about this school! His teacher's are on top of everything and great communication! We are a military family and my son has great grades more outgoing and loves school!!!!!!!!

Posted September 11, 2014
There are some wonderful teachers. We had only problems with two teachers. Leadership is not very helpful to student problems.

Posted September 04, 2014
I am a parent of several children who have graduated from the Junction City Senior High School. My husband and I have been very pleased with their education. They were all very involved in activities such as musicals, show choirs, sports, etc. They were fortunate to have experienced such a diverse population at the High School. Students of many different nationalities and cultures attend here because of Ft. Riley, a military post. My children are well rounded and successful people in part due to their experience at this HS. It prepared them for the World. My son just graduated this past May. Many of his friends are those whose parents are in the Military. We feel that these are life long friends for him. These young people have come in to our home and hung out with us and we feel very close to them as well. The Military Families have been a real asset to this community and to our family. Another asset is the Football Program at the Junction City High School. It has provided many young people a sense of belonging. The coaching staff is very supportive. Good values are emphasized and encouraged. Junction City schools are in general great! The High School is no exception.

Posted May 30, 2014
Junction city high school preschool lab class is top notch. My son attended a full year the preschool lab class.

Posted March 31, 2014
I'm in my second year at JCHS, and I must say there is ALOT to say about it. Teachers favor the student's that wish to work. If you come in and sleep they will not put that much effort into you. There is alot that can be improved. It has many clubs, many chances for you to get involved. The classes are not good. The way they have ti set up makes no sense, plus you can easily glitch through the system and get in classes you're not suppose to be in. "Required voluntary service hours" You heard me, They are REQUIRED, but they're suppose to be VOLUNTARY. Each student must get 34 of these hours by their final year at this school. I do not think this school is a good one. I've gotten into clubs and everything, but the school just asks way to much form its students. They expect us to plan out our whole life in 2-3 weeks. Every year they make you RE-PLAN it all, then ask if you're sure. One teacher might support you, then the next one will tell you it's terrible, tearing down your spirits and hopes about your future. The students are friendly and loving, most of the time. Other than the amount of clubs and sorta nice students this school as nothing going for it.

Junction City Sr High School 3

Posted January 22, 2014
We are a military family and have been at Ft Riley for about 10 months. My daughter is a 9th grader at the Freshman Success Academy. She has always been an Honor Roll Student and still is. My complaint with this school is how discriminating they are towards military children when it comes to sports. If you are not from small town JC then you can forget about getting a fair shot on the girls basketball team, no matter how good you are trained or play. I am not some bitter parent whose child did not make the team. My daughter did make the team and she's a starter. My problem with this basketball program is 1) the coaching and 2) instead of stacking their teams with the best players, they stick to "their own" meaning the JC hometown girls regardless if they are good ball players. If you are looking for a quality girls basketball program that is going to help groom your daughter for possible college scholarships, look else where. For any parent whose daughter is passionate about basketball like mine is, and you're a military family, good luck at this school!

Posted August 24, 2013
My son is just starting his sophomore year and first year at JCHS, but as far as I know the school seems to be caring. This year I didn't have to remind the IEP program manager of my sons IEP. The school has a policy from USD 475 of no tolerance of bullying. This is big on my mind, due to my son having ADHD. So far so good.

Junction City Sr High School 4

Posted August 10, 2013
This school is great. Not only is it diverse but offers a wide range of classes for kids of all different interests. Like any schools there are some teachers who are less than preferable, however overall the teachers are hands on and extra helpful. They're working on going paperless and getting each student a tablet and the addition of the Freshman Success Academy has allowed the Freshman class to accommodate to the policy and ways of the high school before entering the bigger campus. The sports programs are very favorable as well allowing many opportunities to grow and flourish as an athlete as well as helping many get recruited for college. Great for military families as the culture is diverse and they have a Military child support group where military children can get together and engage in fun and unique activities that help them cope with the constant change and stress of being military affiliated. Overall a well rounded and well diverse school. Any child can take anything from it!

Posted June 28, 2012
After attending this school for all four years of high school, I would recommend it for sure. I enjoyed going to school at JCHS and felt quite prepared to attend KSU, where I just graduated from in May. I still talk to most of my teachers on a regular basis, because they care so much about our success in the real world. After attending JCHS, I made amazing ties with military students and families. Military kids were welcomed into the school, and we became great friends. It was a much better and welcoming atmosphere than in Manhattan, where you are only welcomed if you come from money or are a high ranking officer. Proud to be a Blue Jay!

Posted May 09, 2012
If you are military and coming to Fort Riley, avoid this school. Live in one of the other communities, Wakefiled, Chapman or Abilene. School has no respect or time for military children. They continuosly target the military children as "Army Brats". My son was a "trouble student" when he was trying to turn his life around the Administration had already written him off and followed his every move on camera. If he reached in his pocket it was automatically assumed it was to grab something that was not allowed in the school, and there fore suspended. After talking with the Superintendant of the district the Administration found more wrong with my son and finally bullied him out of this school. Teachers have no power to talk with the administration, I sat in class one day and observed a student sleeping through the class, the teacher informed me he does it every day he is there. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Unfortunately if you are stationed here you dont have much of a choice if you live on Post.

Junction City Sr High School
900 North Eisenhower, Junction City, KS  66441
Last modified Junction City Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Junction City Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top