No rating

Piper Elementary School West

Public | PK-2

Student diversity

Posted September 12, 2011

My son attended Piper elementary and had a rough time in the beginning because he did not go to pre-K, but his teacher Mrs. Gordon helped him so much to catch up to the other children and now he is an excellent student with nothing but superb grades! He is now at a private school and doing so well, but if I could I would have loved for him to stay in piper district.

Posted January 24, 2011

I'm a parent of 2 kids at Piper Elementary and all I have to say is ggod things about this school, from Kindergarden to 4th Grade all what I have are good experiences with great teachers and staff. They have a lot of parent involvement, lots of activities during the year. My kids have great grades, I see their daily work every Friday and there's no time there for fun only, they work and work hard they have daily homework but most of their hard work is at school. My kids are proud Piper Students so I am.

Posted July 29, 2010

This is our first year at Piper and we love it. Great teachers, administration and involved parents.

Posted September 19, 2006

Having one daughter complete 13 years in the USD500 school district, I can honestly say that enrolling my son this year at Piper West in Kindergarten(due to our re-locating to Piper) has been a refreshing experience. For so long Kindergarten has been considered an extension of Pre-school but Piper West has put that misconception to rest. The staff, from the school secretary to my son's teacher are friendly, knowledgeable and innovative! They welcomed and engaged him in an age-appropriate educational experience from day one and even assisted us in locating before and after school care. He comes home everyday almost, not bombarded with homework, but with just the right amount of 'follow-through' work to keep him consistently in touch with what he's learned throughout the day. We also love the 'close-knit' environment the community provides and the genuine concern everyone seems to have for the kids! Kudos to Piper West!

Posted April 21, 2004

This small school of three grades does an outstanding job of creating small communities of learning. My child received additional reading instruction from a grant funded reading teacher and increased his reading proficiency by almost 50 basis points on the mandated tests in one year. Parental involvement is welcome and encouraged.

Posted October 3, 2003

Piper East has an excellent Kindergarten program. One of the teacher was named the Kansas Teacher of the year for 2003. Every one of the teachers are talented and committed. A high quality preschool program is also available.

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3130 North 122 St