Oak Grove Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2013
This school in my opinion has a lot of work to do. They are very bias and self-serving, what do I mean by that: On several occasions my child was graded not on his work but on a teachers rating (whatever that may intale) meaning my child told me about a teacher paying more attention to children of her own race and I confronted her, well my child's grade quickly went from a "A" to a "C" which removed him from "A" honor role and even AB honor role. I even had my child evaluated for above average, because all the school seems to be concerned with is the testing for No Child Left Behind which he got the highest score 3 times while in this school. The person who did the testing said I didn't score high enough, but then I found out there was a catch: when doing the testing he was told as soon as he finished he could go to recess. Now what kid will do his best or was he prompted to go his fastest. Shame on Oak Grove they get a "F" for Failing the children. There are other poor examples of education I can submit but the only thing I really want to get across is that Oak Grove is below average as a elementary school.

Oak Grove Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2008

Oak Grove Elementary School 5

Posted November 21, 2005
I absolutely love the school our children go to and would not move if it meant taking them out of it! the excelled reading programs are great. Almost every teacher we have had has let us know when there is an issue and if we have had an issue they were more than willing to discuss it. There could be more things as far as sports involving the school and not just turner rec. Other than that it is a wonderful school. Thanks so much to all the teachers for your hard work :)the miners

Oak Grove Elementary School
5340 Oak Grove Rd, Kansas City, KS  66106
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top