PK, 1-6
Kansas City, KS

Turner Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2014
Our daughter attended Oak Grove 1st grade through 4th grade. Every teacher she had was great! She had straight A's every year and the teachers kept open communication with us on a daily basis with the binder she brought home. The school just had a grant passed to be updated through state funding that won't raise the district's local taxes. They already use new technology and having the facility updated will be a great addition. Never heard of any kind of bullying. Teachers were always on top of any issues, had techniques and procedures for difficult situations and communication was outstanding. We even had teachers cell numbers and email addresses to use for contact if any concerns came up. Children were under supervision at all times and apart from minor disagreements, there was never any hint of physical or mental abuse from other children that wasn't instantly addressed. Career change caused our family to move, otherwise I would have gladly kept our daughter at Oak Grove. The staff is GREAT!

Turner Elementary School 5

Posted December 09, 2013
This is a great school with an amazing staff. Teachers work so hard. Diverse community. Amazing technogy - iPads!

Turner Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2010
The teachers/staff are great in most cases, but they don't seem to do anything about bullying. It happens in the classroom, library etc. even with foul language. I know kids do things behind their parents back, but to let a child to continue to be bullied and to start feeling bad about them-self is unacceptable! I have yet to have anyone do anything about my child being bullied. My child will not attend this school next year! They need to educate these kids about bullying and how it makes kids feel and consequences of constantly making someone feel bad. I am worried how this has affected my child. Where is the staff when this happens???

Turner Elementary School
1800 South 55th, Kansas City, KS  66106
Last modified Turner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turner Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top