8-12 & Ungraded
Kansas City, KS
Students enrolled: 1,159

Turner High School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
My school is not classified appropriately. I think Turner school district is great. People often give my school a bad review, and say we are behind other area schools in our curriculum. I wouldn't know for sure since my kids have gone to Turner since Kindergarten. What I can tell you is the teachers are good, responsive, and care. No matter where you go to school it takes three to be successful. It takes the teacher, parents and student.

Posted August 20, 2013
i love this school the teachers trully care everyone is really nice and mr. maure which is the auto tech teacher he truly cares about his students

Turner High School 2

Posted June 25, 2013
The school is a social landfill. They did not prepare my two high graduates for college or to look into options other than continuing education. My son is struggling in college and the only reason he got in to college if because he is an athelete and gets along with most anyone. There is an excellent teacher named Dave King who can get children to the point which they need to be at because he is an excellent math teacher and he understands that anyone learn math though repetition of building up on a foundation. But some of the other teachers lower the math to the child which is a lost cause, they were only at Turrner High School until they got accepted in their own community as a teacher.

Turner High School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
They teachers at this school do a fairly good job. But the environment at the school is In a lack of term HORRIBLE. I not only have been victim of but have seen bullying many time through out each and every school day. And to make thing worse I have seen it happen in front of Administrators and Teachers, and all they did was look towards the "bully" with a face of disapproval and then went on as nothing happen. So unless you won't your child to be in a hostel school environment I do not recommend going to Turner High School

Turner High School 3

Posted March 19, 2012
I graduated from Turner last year and I am now going to the University of Kansas. Turner's administration is horrible. They are the reason I gave it 3/5 stars. The majority of the teachers truly care for their students and their well being. They go above and beyond to to what is best for them. But, as I said, the administration seems to be a faction set up to oppose good teaching and focus on all the wrong things. Also, for the people who say no one from Turner will succeed, my GPA for my first year at a major university is 3.6. So please, keep the comments about succeeding and failing to yourself.

Posted August 13, 2008
I go to/have gone to turner for a while and i can honestly say that it is the best school districts ever. The teachers care about the students, but are also not afraid to send them to the office etc if they deserve it. I love turner!! a lot of school now days have basically a no fun allowed to learn policy but turner slips fun in with learning, and encourages students to be the best that they can be... Also, theres not a lot of bullies or fights. If there is ever a fitht, it gets cleared within 30 seconds at the most!

Turner High School 3

Posted May 11, 2008
Turner is a good district for students that want to succeed and parents that want to see their children succeed...as a graduate of the 08 year i will say that Turner has helped me a lot in lending steps to my future...some teachers are set in the past and are a little judgemental but the school is only going to be what students/parents make it...Turner needs to focus more on students than pressing these test scores on us...these assessments are over-rated...perfection is impossible...many students simply don't go to school because of all the testing...i could care less about band or sports...but the teachers treat students with the same respect that students give to them...I believe the biggest problem in any school is the parents...parents have loss control of their children...kids are raising themselves and its time for parents to step back in their roles as parents and raise these kids...

Turner High School 4

Posted April 18, 2008

Posted January 16, 2008
I am an alumni of Turner High School. I am very proud of the education and guidance I received at Turner, and as a community member I continue to see improvements in facilities, technology, teaching staff and communication within the district. Although every district has room for improvement, I feel like Turner takes those opportunities for improvement seriously. Now, I have a bachelors degree and a professional degree, and I am happy to call Turner home. If I ever have children, I will be glad to send them to Turner.

Turner High School 1

Posted January 09, 2007
Turner High School need to improve on their teaching skills. The truth is that it seem as if the teachers do not care. The safety is another problem. This is not a safe place. I cannot wait to get my child out of there.

Turner High School
2211 South 55th, Kansas City, KS  66106
Last modified Turner High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turner High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top