9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I highly recommend Bishop Ward High School. My daughter will be entering her senior year at this fall. She has attended Ward for her entire high school years. The teachers are caring and compassionate. The encourage the students to be the best they can be. The students are far more respectable to each other than you would expect of high schoolers. The parent involvment if amazing! We will truly miss this school when she graduates!

Bishop Ward is a phenomenal school focusing on individual students academic and spiritual needs as well as their gifts. It is a legacy school built on strong traditions passed on from generation to generation. As a current parent, I value the education and extracurricular activities my children are receiving. The faculty does not just prepare students for college but for life. I know this to be true as I am a graduate of BWHS. I am proud to be a Cyclone and even more proud to give my children the opportunity to attend Bishop Ward.

Bishop Ward has done an excellent job of creating opportunities for students to succeed. The opportunities exist in academics, faith formation, Academy of Finance, Environmental Club, drama/theater, community service, athletics, etc. Having my kids attend an institution that provides a balanced, well-rounded high school environment has been invaluable.

Hello, I am a parent of two Bishop Ward Students and I am very satisfied with this school. This school has prepared my boys for their future. They have received a strong faith formation, great academic skills and the respect for human life. The teachers are wonderful. There is no other high school like Bishop Ward, the moment you step in the building you feel welcome. Students and staff greet you with a smile when they see you in the building. This is a family environment. I recommend this school to those parents that want their child to have success in life.

My husband and I are alumni of BWHS and we currently have a Jr. @ Ward & next year will have a Freshman. With the newly remodeled and enhanced St. Albert's chemistry lab, Nationally recognized Academy of Finance, and the newly formed SAT Prepatory classes, students are given ample opportunities to take advantage and are encouraged to enhance their involvement in furthering their eduacation at the college level. The school itself has gone thru major renovations to the tune of $2 Million dollars to ensure that their roots are solidly planted in Wyandotte County, and to ensure that students receive a quality college prepatory education. Your dollars are well spent on educating your kids and preparing them for lifes journeys. Each student is enouraged to become involved in the school, its activities and to be proud to say they are a 'Cyclone'. I encourage anyone to experience the traditions of BWHS.

Hello, I am an active parent of a student at Bishop Ward High School, and I'm pleased with the effort my son puts forth in school, like getting up eager in the mornings, and his increase in grades. Also I'd Like to take this opporunity to thank Bishop Ward for recognizing my son's qualities, and not only that but helping him to increase all those qualities by expecting the best of him every day, academically, physically, mentally and esspecially spiritually. To encourage him to focus more in his faith. Getting my son into Bishop Ward was the best decision, that as a parent, I have ever made. I remember when he first told me that he wanted to go to Ward, I thought I wasn't going to be able to, because economically we were struggling, but I'm glad I did because now he's happy and doing very well.

I had a choice of sending my son to District 500 public school, but there was too much gage population that I sent him to a Catholic School. He was unwilling, but once there he loves it. The most said is that every one respects each other. The senior you have gain the responsibilites and respect of your peer, including the freshman. He said that the seniors were open and no fights, name calling, just fun and educational. They have put him in the route of maturing and learning at his level with challenges.

Last modified Bishop Ward High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12