Kansas City, KS

Posted December 06, 2014
My son gets in trouble every day. He gets bullied for being smart. He is very intelligent, but the teachers tend to blame him for responding to other students behavior towards him. I have taught my son that abuse, be it verbal or physical is never the answer, however, if someone does something physical to him then I give him my permission to DEFEND himself. The teachers never see the kid that starts things, but they see my son defending himself. He has been suspended in and out of school. They never get his work to him to work on when he is being out of school suspended. I will be honest, he had a rough year when they first opened the 6th Grade Academy and I feel that we have worked those issues out by taking him to therapy and getting him on medication and all that, but what happened with him seems to follow him around and they automatically assume that he is the cause of problems. I think the teachers are quick to assume because of his past. Also, because my son is not popular, all the other kids in the class will side with the other kid. I have had a social worker that worked with him said that he did behave in class, my son did not know she was there watching.

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted September 03, 2008

Turner Middle School 5

Posted November 30, 2007

Turner Middle School 5

Posted May 27, 2007

Turner Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
I have been a parent of a child in Turner Middle School for the last two years. My opinion is as follows: The school overall is a good school. The Principals are great with working with the students. Their teachers all seem very helpful to the students. My complaint about the district is not the school in particular but about the parents of the children in the district. They are very rude! Im sorry if this offends anyone but its the truth. Not all parents in this community have this problem but a lot do.

Turner Middle School
1312 South 55th, Kansas City, KS  66106
Last modified Turner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turner Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top