Posted February 06, 2014
It is definitely harder than other schools. But something that you need to keep in mind is it is a college PREPARATORY school. If you can't make it here how do you expect to make it in college??? The work load is a little bit more demanding but there is a much better environment. There are almost no fights (last year had first fight in 10 years!!!) because you get in a fight and you are expelled no exceptions. There is almost no bullying here and everybody just wants you to do your best. I don't want to think about where I would be right now if I hadn't went to and stayed at Sumner. Because I know the path that I was headed on before I would either be in juvie right now or in a gang or dead. This school supports everybody we even have a GSA club. It truly is a great environment. You have to apply and be accepted to 3 colleges before you can graduate but that is only because they want you to think about your future and you are more likely to attend college if you know you are already accepted.

Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science 3

Posted January 23, 2014
i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i dont know... yeah... my school is fuckery .-.

Posted September 13, 2013
This school is great and it comes with many challenges. Those challenges are life lessons that you will use in the future and in college. Come and join the Sumner Sabres and you will never want to leave.

Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science 3

Posted September 13, 2013
My school is Sumner Academy of Arts & Science. it is a great school with many programs, clubs, and teachers who care. Sumner does not get as may benefits as other schools in USD 500. The school can use improvement in the restrooms and school equipment . They could use better learning materials and educational field trips. Thank you for letting me state my opinion.

Posted February 22, 2012
As a former student, I have to say, I loved it here. The coursework was very challenging, the teachers were very competent (even the subs usually knew what they were doing!), and there was plenty of support for those of us who needed a little more help. It was a very diverse school (don't take that to mean trashy or ghetto, like some of the other high schools in the district). We were required to maintain a 2.5 GPA to attend Sumner, something which I was happy about (even if it caused some trouble for some of us). It sounds mean, but it really helps for a school to do this. The music program was very nice, students all worked very hard. Athletics (what I knew of them) were also very good. The art department was excellent, and you can see the years of students' art decorating the hallways and library. The classes offered were a little minimalistic, but was made up for by very competent teachers. Overall, it was a very excellent school, and I highly recommend anyone able to to attend.

Posted October 27, 2010
I am currently a student at Sumner Academy. It is a very great school.My first year was very challenging, i had a hard time getting use to all of the homework and finding time for my friends. Though we do receive plenty of homework i believe its all worth it in the end !

Posted August 12, 2010
Great school going into my freshman year. Eighth grade was simple. It is a review year. This school is by far the best in the district

Posted August 11, 2010
I am currently a Sophmore at Sumner Academy of Arts and Sciences. My point of view on this school is that it is the best school in the district. Teachers at this school encourage us to do our best ALL the time. Many people leave just because they are lazy and don't want to do the homework. I flew through my eighth grade year and got out with a 4.0 GPA. My ninth grade year I got a 3.7. I'm going to be going full IB next year, and I chose it because I already have been challenged by this school, but I want to see what Sumner throws at me! I will try my best at this school, just as I already have these past two years! SUMNER ROCKS!

Posted May 06, 2010

Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science 1

Posted February 20, 2010

Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science
1610 North 8th St, Kansas City, KS  66101
Last modified Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sumner Academy Of Arts & Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top