Posted October 24, 2013
The whole school cares about and wants what best for students. WHS is a climate that lets students know they are valued.

Posted October 08, 2013
Wyandotte High School under the leadership of Mary Stewart has been at the forefront of leadership for many years. They started a 1:1 initiative over 6 years ago before it became the buzz; they started Student Learning Communities as pioneers; they initiated a school based health clinic as one of some 2,000 in the country and they have many other undertakings such as a community garden; student internships at local businesses etc. They should be recognized for these bold steps in continuing to seek excellence. There are still opportunities for improvement: probably involving the students and the community more in the dialogue for solutions would help them as well as engaging teachers more to build a school of the 21st century

Posted July 25, 2013
Wyandotte high school is honestly a place i have found my self loving, and wanting to go to each and every day, I'm not saying its An easy place to be, because its not, i am a current student and even though sometimes it seams as though the kids are extremely out of line and under disciplined, and the teachers don't care, it I'd a place that if you pay attention and focus, it will teach you not only academics but life skills a well, and i for one an proud to be a bulldog and all ways will be.

Posted February 03, 2013
Wyandotte has a difficult challenge. The parents are all too often unwilling and indifferent, so their participation in their children's academic lives is basically nil. The teachers are not there to be psychologists or parole officers; they are there to instruct and guide. So, with regard to the parent who said her son had a "terrible time" at Wyandotte, I think it's clear she is dismissing the terrible time he himself inflicted on school. (And, for the record, mere accusations of racism aren't the same as actual racism taking place.). It's easy to expect the school to turn a troublemaker around, but the person ultimately responsible for that is the parent.

Wyandotte High School 1

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted March 13, 2009
Our son attended Wyandotte and it was great! We supported his teachers and staff 110% so we were a force to be reckoned with. We didn't wait on a call or report card time, we were in constant touch with the teachers. We taught him proper behavior and respect towards adults regardless if you don't agree with what's being said or you face the consequences when you get home. He's 17 and never a problem!

Wyandotte High School 0

Posted January 29, 2009
I graduated in Class of '92 from Wyandotte! I love the school, but I do not like its current structure. The benchmarks are terrible and the classes are ran off of them, instead of giving my son valuable information that he will need in life. I believe with these Benchmarks, our children are being set up for failure and I wish the Board would reconsider using them as the basis for classes. Another thing I don't like is how high school students are forced into picking a trade...most adults don't know what they want to do, so how will a high school student know what they want to do in life, then they are forced into taking those specific classes all year without changing. That is torture to our children! Alleviate that torture and go back to teaching 'real' classes with homework and everything!

Wyandotte High School 2

Posted January 28, 2009
My son is a freshman @ this school. He had a terrible time during the 1st quarter. Now yes he did cause some trouble. However once you get into trouble one time, the teachers seem to label your child as just that, & not willing to help them turn their lives around. I must say that it has been a constant up hill battle since day one. And when accused of racism, they just past the buck & this teacher just out right refused to try to fix or even apologize for their actions.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted December 01, 2008
I think it's a really great school and the teachers are the best this school really gets you ready for college1

Wyandotte High School
2501 Minneosta Ave, Kansas City, KS  66102
Last modified Wyandotte High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wyandotte High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top