9-12 & Ungraded
Kansas City, KS
Students enrolled: 1,171

J C Harmon High School 5

Posted August 22, 2014
People care about one another at Harmon. Teachers are committed to helping and respecting the students. Most of the kids are dedicated learners coming from excellent elementary backgrounds. KCK is a great, hard-working community and Harmon is its heart

Posted August 01, 2013
Overall J.C. Harmon is a great school! The past has defined the school as one of the worst schools in the area, but with a new principal coming for the 2013-2014 School Year, Harmon will be at the top of its abilities. Harmon also has a great Math Department receiving Gold Status at the KCKPS Math Relays 2013. No other high schools were able to achieve such status.

Posted October 08, 2011
Im a Freshmen for the 2011-2012 school year and the school is not as bad as everyone think it is. Its just that the previous students gave this school a very bad reputation. The teachers actually care for the students but some of the students dont care about the teachers. all the school needs is behavioral/discipline rules and the school would really change!

J C Harmon High School 3

Posted December 18, 2009
I just started J.C. Harmon this year as a freshman & I think it is a fine school to go to. Harmon is not a bad school. Students have just gave this school a very bad reputation. As long as you do the right thing you won't have problem :)

Posted October 13, 2009
I have taught for 38 years in high schools in Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas. This tenure has included public and parochial, large and small, rural and suburban and urban schools. Harmon does better than most in making an extra effort to deliver quality education, tutoring, and a comprehensive education. There are fewer fights, less classroom disruptions, and more student and family contact than 90% of all the schools in which I've taught. There are many schools less effective or involved, and fewer that do as much to assure the success of all their students than J. C. Harmon High School.

Posted May 01, 2009
I currently attend Jc Harmon, and i couldn't agree more with some of the statements made. We are very underestimated. We can learn all the same others schools in Olathe. We have great teachers and staff. we are getting better academically. We all face different struggles, and they can reflex the way we learn. I am in the honors program and know how hard it can be for some student to focus on school work when they have to worry about family issues. We are a great school that is showing progress and will one day become a school of top choice.

J C Harmon High School 2

Posted December 31, 2008
Harmon is a below average school in every possible way. I struggled for four long years to learn as much as I could because I had plans to attend college. My goal was realized when I went to college after I graduated. As you can see, not everyone goes directly into the workforce after high school. Furthermore, I will never allow my children to attend such an ineffective institution such as Harmon. J C Harmon has a lot of problems that have to be addressed by the administration, teachers, parents, and students before it can start making positive improvements.

Posted October 02, 2008
my name is d.c. i am not a parent at harmon i am a student. i started my freshman year here this year and it is a very great school. even though i am leaving half-way into the 1st quater it is a great school esey to make friends, great teachers, easy to learn envierment. great place to send your teenages for high school

Posted January 31, 2008
I am a current student of JC Harmon Highschool. To say that harmon highschool is in the top ten perent of schools in the country is an over statement but I wouldn't bad mouth this school. It is a normal high school with it's fair share of bad apples just like any other high school. Students there try hard to succede from a place with a bad reputation.

J C Harmon High School 5

Posted June 13, 2006
I am not a parent so I might not have much to say and people might not listen to what I say, but I am going to try and have you know that J.C Harmon is a great school. Yes it might not have the best scores in the country but we try. Yes I graduated out of Harmon in May of 06, and I can tell you, I learned a lot from that school. The teachers there try to teach but when the students don't want to learn then how do they do it. When I graduated in May we had the largest senior class that harmon has ever seen. 189 seniors graduated out of that school from the 250 that were supposed to. I know that this might not sound like a lot but in reality it is. Harmon is a good school and people try there.

2400 Steele Rd, Kansas City, KS  66106
Last modified J C Harmon High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J C Harmon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top