9-12 & Ungraded
Kansas City, KS

Washington High School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
This school is absolutely horrible! The teachers do not do anymore work than they have too. They are not held accountable for their actions. The principal does not listen to any concerns. I was referred to the Board of Education, who turns around and gives me back to principal. This school is a joke.

Posted October 08, 2013
My school is one of the best schools in the district. We work had to make good grades and to graduate. Our teachers make it easy to look forward to go to college and be excited to learn. I believe that our teachers make things better for life

Posted December 11, 2012
Washington high school is not all that bad. There are actual students who want to learn and try their best. Although a lot of students don't put as much effort into their education as others, there are great possibilities for students to learn. The teachers give effort as well into their students education. A new system called '9th hour' has been established this year. This is meant for students that are failing a core class. That class will send a email via school loop requiring the student to come after school during '9th hour' which is an hour of tutoring or an extra class session to help kids bring up their grades and understand more. Each teacher will have this extra hour at least two times a week. These dedicated teachers also stay after other days to help anyone else who needs help in that class. I think this was a great idea and I've seen improvement throughout the school.

Washington High School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
This school is completely inferior to all other schools in all other districts including Sumner Academy. They are teaching content a year behind. It is terrible, a terrible environment, terrible curriculum, and terrible students who do not want to learn. If you want to really learn something beneficial and do something good with your life, besides getting the employee discount at McDonald's, come to Sumner for a quality education.

Posted January 07, 2009
I love wash house and i have been going to this school since my freshman year. I'm a junior now and i'm so glad we out of uniforms!!!C/0 2010

Washington High School 3

Posted December 03, 2008
Well wash house is good but I have been to better schools. The schools Test Scores are going up which is a good thing but the students really don't want to learn well some of them don't. The teachers at the school are messed up because if one person gets in trouble the whole class has to suffer for it. Sometimes it is good most of the teachers will stay after with us when we need to get our grades up which is a good thing. WHOS HOUSE, WASH HOUSE.

Washington High School 5

Posted September 21, 2007

Posted May 23, 2006
washington has gone up in alot of areas such as math, reading, and parent involment. test scores have gone up and the teachers are really into what they are there to teach. they offer personal help to any student in need. the work the student gets challange their minds. Its not to much work and its not work the student wont learn from. i have a student at washington and niece's and nephew who grade are doing just great

Washington High School 2

Posted January 14, 2006
There are many imperfecrions but they are some good things. There are good leadership qualities in the school but they just don't function right because of the type of atmosphere Washington has. Another thing that concerns me is the uniform policy that is set in place. This policy causes student to be suspended because of the policy that is only set for Washington High School!This causes students to be absent from there education and then we wonder why our young students are FAILING to get there proper education and end up not going to college because of they were not pushed enough to continue on in their education. So I believe that the uniform system should be taken out of this school because this isn't accomplishing what it was set to accomplish it's just causing more problem, and thats a FACT!

Posted November 21, 2005
There are many good teachers at Washington High School. Unfortunately some under-achieving students make it hard for the rest of the student body to learn what is being taught to them. There also seems to be a lack of Parent involvement with students UNTIL there is an issue that comes up. Although I attended Parent/Teacher conferences I saw a lot of Teachers sitting by themselves at tables; I did not see that many other parents in the Cafeteria. I think there are obstacles that need to be overcome, but it will take everyone (Teachers & Parents) to do this. Low Test scores do bother me at this school, but my child is doing well and likes the school teachers & administration.

Washington High School
7340 Leavenworth Rd, Kansas City, KS  66109
Last modified Washington High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top