Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted February 08, 2016
I have a daughter that is in the fifth grade and my son is in the third grade. Both my children have been bullied for the last couple months and the school Principal says it's kids being kids, that they don't consider my children being bullied. In this last two weeks, my son has been in three fights with the same children that has been bullying him. It came to the point that my husband had to threaten the school Principal with getting the school board involved. My son was just telling me last week that his teacher told her class that they are the most disrespectful, worst children she has ever saw. That she doesn't know why she keeps coming back to work. The school Principal makes announcements on the schools intercom about bullying and how it's not tolerated, yet they pay no attention to the children that are being bullied and pay no attention to the children's comments in the bully box. I have to fight with both my children every morning about going to school. So because of this and the lack of supervision the school pays to the children, we are now considering home schooling both our children. We can't afford to sell our house or move right at this time. So for any of you parents that are considering sending your child or children to this school, DON'T. One last thing that bothers me about this school is they don't give the children spelling words. Their reasoning behind this is because computers have auto correct, really people?

Posted March 17, 2015
This school is not suitable for any child to attend. The teachers do not care and have a low tolerance for children. The principal does the least work to get by. We sold our house to move to a better district just to take my son out of this school. My sons 2nd grade teacher just stopped coming to work and left the class with substitutes for the rest of the year and that was in September. We moved from Overland Park to Kansas City for my husband's job. My son was doing the same work in the 3rd grade at welborn that he did in the 1st grade at Comanche. Please don't send your kids to this school, you'll be doing them a disservice.

Posted February 23, 2010
So far the teachers are good but the overall school is horrible they do not allow children to be children and their rules are a little outrageous and the supervision of the student are poor.

Posted May 27, 2009
Welborn seems to have some good teachers overall, but sadly lacking in leadership. The school really needs to close. I have never seen such a poorly run school.

Posted May 27, 2009
Welborn, does not have very much student involvement. They don't have any skating parties, carnavials, yearbooks *2009*, for the children at this school. I would not approve of any person to send their child there.

Posted September 30, 2008
My son is now in the third grade, he enjoys this school and I am more than pleased with the education he is getting. He reads on the 5th grade level and his math is at fourth grade. The teachers he has had have been wonderful, they keep me informed.

Posted January 06, 2008
I have been involved in welborn for about 11 years and have seen it through good and bad i love mrs. Rainey she does her best if you ever have any problems dont hessatate to speak up they are great about working things out to make everyone happy! and pta is going to make it a great school also !

Welborn Elementary School 2

Posted December 30, 2007
My son transferred to Welborn from the Leavenworth school district. He is doing very well and has a great teacher. However, I can tell the school has a long way to go in view of its horrendous test scores. I applaud the principal for her determination to improving Welborn. She has my support.

Posted August 07, 2005
This is a over all great school.

5200 Leavenworth Rd, Kansas City, KS  66104
Last modified Welborn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.