Kansas City, KS

Welborn Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2015
This school is not suitable for any child to attend. The teachers do not care and have a low tolerance for children. The principal does the least work to get by. We sold our house to move to a better district just to take my son out of this school. My sons 2nd grade teacher just stopped coming to work and left the class with substitutes for the rest of the year and that was in September. We moved from Overland Park to Kansas City for my husband's job. My son was doing the same work in the 3rd grade at welborn that he did in the 1st grade at Comanche. Please don't send your kids to this school, you'll be doing them a disservice.

Posted February 23, 2010
So far the teachers are good but the overall school is horrible they do not allow children to be children and their rules are a little outrageous and the supervision of the student are poor.

Welborn Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2009
Welborn seems to have some good teachers overall, but sadly lacking in leadership. The school really needs to close. I have never seen such a poorly run school.

Posted May 27, 2009
Welborn, does not have very much student involvement. They don't have any skating parties, carnavials, yearbooks *2009*, for the children at this school. I would not approve of any person to send their child there.

Posted September 30, 2008
My son is now in the third grade, he enjoys this school and I am more than pleased with the education he is getting. He reads on the 5th grade level and his math is at fourth grade. The teachers he has had have been wonderful, they keep me informed.

Posted January 06, 2008
I have been involved in welborn for about 11 years and have seen it through good and bad i love mrs. Rainey she does her best if you ever have any problems dont hessatate to speak up they are great about working things out to make everyone happy! and pta is going to make it a great school also !

Welborn Elementary School 2

Posted December 30, 2007
My son transferred to Welborn from the Leavenworth school district. He is doing very well and has a great teacher. However, I can tell the school has a long way to go in view of its horrendous test scores. I applaud the principal for her determination to improving Welborn. She has my support.

Posted August 07, 2005
This is a over all great school.

5200 Leavenworth Rd, Kansas City, KS  66104
Last modified Welborn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Welborn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top