Lansing Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2014
Communication with parents prior to the school year is insufficient and occurs just days before school begins. School supply list for a kindergartner is outrageously large for a school that charges an additional fee for materials. Student Handbook and Pacing Guide are not current. Online schedule system is inaccurate. K program does not help children and parents with the transition to full days of school, nor does it address concerns of parents putting their child into full day school for the first time. Some faculty are friendly while the assigned teacher was cold, unwelcoming, and inconvenienced by questions regarding academic requirements and safety. Her demeanor was disrespectful and the opposite of what a parent would desire in a K teacher. Most concerning, the accountability of students during arrival and departure is terrible. The school does not have a published procedure for accountability procedures during arrival and release in the Student Handbook, and the details weren't sent until after the start of school. I don't believe the school realizes they have a responsibility to the community and are accountable to the residents of their district and Lansing's taxpayers.

Posted May 21, 2014
My kids went to Lansing elementary and moved from Blue Valley school district and were informed by a couselor that Lansing is set up to mirror that school district. We loved the school and the teachers who were all very nice and helpful. The kids loved the school and I think the size of it compared to BV was something the kids really enjoyed. After all, size isn't everything. They did struggle a bit since this school is more in depth than other schools they have attended. It is one of the best ever!!!!

Lansing Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2014
By far the worst school that my son has been to. We moved here when my son started second grade, they do not follow the IEP's now that he is in 3rd. They have 3rd grades switching classes as if they were in middle school or high school. Teachers just sit behind their desk and do not attempt to help students. They have had students walk off campus and go home and not even realize they are missing until the parents come to pick them up at the end of the day.

Lansing Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
My TAG kid went here for first and second grade. The administration is not very helpful or cooperative with military. Mostly they cater to permanent students. Some newer teachers are great but the "old school" ones aren't accommodating to parents who want to be involved. If you know what your child needs and what you are entitled to receive, you can get it--but be prepared to fight for it.

Posted November 20, 2012
My son is autistic and attended preschool and kindergarten here (so far). The special education teachers are wonderful and have really helped him to overcome his challenges. His speech has improved tremendously! The administration is OK, they aren't incredibly communicative but the school runs well. If you want up to date information on what's going on and how things work it's easier to get information out of teachers and other parents than the administration.

Posted May 08, 2012
I went to Lansing from Kindergarten through graduation and so did both of my younger siblings. Now I am so happy to have three of my children going to Lansing, and out of the Leavenworth school district. I also have friends who now swear by the Lansing schools, after taking their children out of Leavenworth to home school them, and then work to get approved for out of district enrollment for their children.

Lansing Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2012
We are in the military and stationed at Ft. Leavenworth for 3 years. Our oldest son is autistic and in a main stream classroom at Lansing Elementary. He has his own para and has speech and OT with the school as well. We have been extremely pleased with his progress. His Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Cioppa, is fantastic. She is exactly what he needed to help him build a strong foundation both academically and socially.

Posted August 11, 2011
We are military and were stationed in KS for one year. Our oldest (Jason) went to Kindergarten and he loved his teacher Mrs. Rothmeyer. The school environment is great also. My son misses his teacher and I hope his next teacher is just as involved as Mrs. Rothmeyer was.

Lansing Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2009
We love Mrs. Moorehead! My son is eager to get to school every morning...he loves kindergarten!

Lansing Elementary School
450 West Mary St, Lansing, KS  66043
Last modified Lansing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lansing Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top