Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are focused on student success, social and emotional well-being, as well as the overall effectiveness of the school environment.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework is developmentally appropriate and directly related to standards that students need to master.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are supported to make good decisions, are counseled when mistakes are made so they become learning opportunities. The policies of the school are upheld in a fair and respectful manner.

The principal and administrative staff of the school are doing an amazing job of supporting, nurturing, and guiding students to become excellent individuals in both life and education. The staff is extremely qualified, continues to collaborate, and motivate each other to be the BEST they can be for their students. The student's well being, socially, emotionally, and educationally, are always the priority.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves There was absolutely nothing wrong with that girl's outfit!!

This school is great if you are looking for the typical, only-teach-curriculum school. My child has not experienced a fun project that is hands on. The gifted teacher helps the kids out wonderfully. He's a great teacher. However, Lansing does not help gifted kids at all. They offer no advanced classes within grade level whatsoever. My child has not been helped by any administrator to adjust to advanced classes. The principal seems to disregard any special needs of gifted students, and he has spoken rudely to me about my children being in the gifted program. When our family moved here, my kids had previously been in a gifted program, yet Lansing required my kids to undergo many tests and they were not placed into the program until halfway through our second year attending this school. Again, this school is great if your kids are right on grade level, but I feel like my kids have been robbed of many excellent opportunities due to Lansing Middle School. They are disorganized and the only pleasant office worker is Mrs. Crisp. I wouldn't advise anyone looking for a fun school who challenges their children to go to Lansing.

I have had two children of mine go to this school, my oldest, which is my daughter, and my youngest, who is a boy. They have both been here since the third grade, and the Lansing community has always been very welcoming to us. This community is a very close knit one, and one that you don't want to just spend a year here, with such a splendid community. They introduced a peer leader system, which helped my daughter when she was going trough a rough patch in her life get through it, and also taught her various life skills from it. Thanks for the person that made that happen! Lansing was a much more welcoming community than any other one that i have lived in, with exceptional staff, and creating years that will always be remembered. This school manages to have fun, while learning a great amount. Lansing schools are great!

I love this school! I enjoyed my time here, though I am moving. The teachers are great, very friendly and only wish to help the students excel! The kids are very welcoming ( I have been there since second grade! ) and are eager to make the 'new kid' feel at home. Students are nice to everyone. No matter how smart/dumb, ugly/pretty, etc. you are, everybody gets along quite well. Test scores are amazing and we have received the standard of excellence each year! The school is also extremely involved in sports. I will really miss this school and everybody in it.

My two children have attended LMS this school year. I have found the school to go above and beyond! We are a military family and are only here for the year, I wish we could stay so my son could continue onto 8th Grade. He has an IEP and is under the supervision of Ms Kranhold who is the most wonderful woman and has worked with my son like no other, I will truly miss all she does for him. My daughter will be going into the 9th Grade and I believe she has excelled at LMS also, and is ready for the transition into High School. The office staff are fantastic and on top of things and I also have to get a big thank you out to Ms Haag, my son's language arts teacher she is also an asset to the school. I truely can't say enough good things about this school. We bought a house here in Lansing and absolutely love the neighborhood, very family friendly!

This is my 2nd year at LMS and it is fabulous. The students and kids are all very nice and friendly. Great oppertunities for kids who are in to things other than sports. They just go above and beyond.

Last modified Lansing Middle 6-8 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.