K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Countercultural school that educates the mind, body and spirit, and produces students who are ready for the world.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers pay individually attention in addressing their skills and knowledge to the strengths and weaknesses of each student

Develops character: Strongly agree

It has the highest expectations for truth and honesty, balanced with a generous helping of grace

I currently have 2 kids enrolled at Veritas Christian School. My oldest started as a kindergartner. At that time he was struggling with speech and could not pronounce words clearly and correctly. However, it did not take long for the entire class to accept him and encourage him as he spoke in large group settings. Now 4 years later my son has no problems with speech and is very confident. The past 4 years have been a blessing to be a part of the Veritas family. Great community, great staff, and so proud that Christ is at the center of it all!

I can say with certainty that our son's competence has dramatically increased since attending Veritas. Particularly, this includes his vocabulary, science, and reasoning capabilities. This progress is compared to the two private schools we had our son in before we moved to Lawrence. Also, his social intelligence and connections are fulfilling for my wife and I to observe. His national testing assessments have also improved quite a bit. At first we were not considering this school, but I am so glad we decided on Veritas.

We love this school! We feel blessed to have our two children in this wonderful, loving, Christ-centered environment. The small class sizes encourage accelerated learning and the test scores are 2-3 grades higher than the national average. I would highly recommend this school for Christian families in the Lawrence area!

Veritas has outstanding academic instruction. Staring in 3rd grade, the students study Latin. My daughter graduated with 9 hours of college credit and a solid foundation that is helping her do well in her college classes. I especially appreciate the small class sizes at the school and the genuine care and concern of the administrator and teachers for the students.

Our son attended Veritas for 4 consecutive years graduating May 2012. Over the past 21 years our three children have attended three Christian schools in Minnesota, one in Nebraska, a small private international school in Vientiane, the capital of the Lao People's Democratic Republic, an international Christian school in Penang, Malaysia, a "one room schoolhouse" in Khonkaen, Thailand, and a large international Christian school in ChiangMai, Thailand. Therefore we had a fairly good basis of comparison when we first became acquainted with Veritas. Veritas compares quite favorably in quality of instruction, leadership at board and administrator levels, parental involvement, and individual devotion to Christ on the part of teachers, staff, principal and board members. We found teachers and board members to be completely kind, professional and competent. We feel that Veritas did an excellent job preparing our son for university entrance. He challenges us to think more carefully and logically and in more Christ-like ways. Veritas has certainly had a big part in this.

My daughter has been at Veritas for 6 of her 7 grades. The teachers, at least at the elementary level are incredible, caring, dedicated Christians that want only the best for each child. Because parental involvement is low, prinicipal leadership has become very controlling. The board is not at all helpful either.

I ben learnsin fram veritis cince i ben lik too year old boi, i b vry smartt.

Last modified Veritas Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12