Bad
Good

Langston Hughes Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2014
I completely agree with everything, the parent that has reviewed below states, "If your child exceeds at everything, they will do great at this school. If not, they will fall behind." My child was alittle above average when we first transfered to this school. Two years later, my child has fallen way behind and is now under average. My childs teacher this year was completely clueless with what was going on with my childs education. As a matter of fact, when we had parent teacher conferences and I would asked questions, she would turn to my child for the answers and remind us the lack of time we had for this meeting. We also had lots of problems with bullying and so much more. I have no other option but to homeschool one of my children until we move and have also decided to hold back my 5 year old, just so they do not have to start kindergarten at a school like this one. This is not a huge factor with deciding if your child should or should not attend this school, but I still feel the need to make is known that everyone I have came into contact with is unwelcoming and snotty!

Posted August 01, 2013
My son did not went to a preschool before kindergarten and he has really improved academically since his first day.There is a excellent parent involvement in school operation and activities. The school keeps us informed of our son's progress and even where he needs further work. The teachers work side by side with the parents so the students can get the most of the school year. The principle and staff are committed to helping the children learn and grow; they are all very nice and always trying to help you no matter what. This school strives on improving yearly and has received awards/or exceeds standards. They also offer a lot of other activities during the school year and during vacation like sport camping and reading groups. My son now is going to 1st grade, he already is reading and very anxious to begin the year...he loves this school!

Posted April 19, 2013
We had our daughter in a Montessori school before kindergarten, so by the time she started this year she was already reading in the mid 2nd grade level, and her math was close to the beginning of 2nd grade. Our fear was that she would be bored, and/or slowed down, which was not the case. They got her tested right away, and put her in advance classes outside of her grade level. Her teacher is amazing, and gives us daily updates. The facilities are modern and we couldn't ask for a better environment for our daughter to learn in!

Posted October 14, 2011
Great school. This is now the largest school in town and while it is not simple to accomodate growing number of kids, they coped very good. The amenties are very good and maintained well. My kids get attention, great schools and if there are problems the prinicpal address them very well. We highly reccomend this school

Langston Hughes Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2010
If your child exceeds at everything they will do great at this school. If your child needs help they will fall behind. I have been disappointed with this school. First graders are expected to know how to read at the beginning of the year but the school hasn't even taught them yet! They expect parents to teach their children everything before they send them to school. What ever happened to schools teaching children? Most of the staff is rude and snotty. Some classrooms have way too many kids in them.

Posted July 20, 2010
A very nice school. They have taught my kids well and also it has very good teachers and they have very good techniques of teaching either younger kids or older kids. You learn a lot but you also have a bit of fun. There is a lot of fun activities planned out within the school year like field day. Everyone enjoys being here

Langston Hughes Elementary School
1101 George Williams Way, Lawrence, KS  66049
Last modified Langston Hughes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.