Lawrence, KS

Posted January 16, 2015
Prairie Moon Waldorf School is a hidden gem! In a town filled with wonderful preschools, PM is a shining star. I truly LOVE it. Prairie Moon Waldorf School is abundant with beauty and joy. The classrooms are calming and welcoming. The teachers are compassionate and wise. The love, attention, and quality of care my son receives has surpassed my greatest expectations. Each day I see my sons imagination, sense of self, love of animals, and compassion toward others develop through the setting and curriculum Prairie Moon Waldorf offers. The playground, complete with a tree house, sand pit, dirt pile, gardens, and much more, is a haven for young children. I highly recommend Prairie Moon to anyone seeking a nurturing environment that honors and values the early childhood years. For those seeking a grade school you need not look any further! Here their strengths will be identified and nurtured, they will learn to be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers. Becoming well rounded, intelligent young men/ woman, positively contributing to the world in their unique ways. I give Prairie Moon Waldorf my highest recommendation.

Posted January 16, 2015
Prairie Moon Waldorf School has been an amazing educational gift to my children, both of whom went through the early childhood program and now are in the grades program. It has been amazing to watch the faculty work with them to help each grow academically and individually, all the while developing a sincere love of learning while keeping their creative desires very much alive! I had read a lot about the Waldorf curriculum prior to my children being able to experience it first hand, but could not have imagined just how wonderful it would be to watch them get to experience it over the many years they have been here. We are so grateful Prairie Moon Waldorf School will go through middle school!

Posted October 13, 2010
Because everyday my daughter eagerly asks, "Is today a school day?" and when the answer is no, she is disappointed. She comes home excited to teach me a new song or tell me all about digging potatoes or show me a new bug she captured in the garden. I wish I went to a school like this when I was a kid, so much wonder and excitement ahead of her.

Posted October 13, 2010
Prairie Moon is such a fun school, I love to go help in the garden or sit in on knitting or Spanish class.

Prairie Moon Waldorf School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Prairie Moon is the only Waldorf school in Kansas. Through a rich curriculum Prairie Moon Waldorf School fosters the development of self-knowledge and helps children to engage fully in the world by awakening in them warmth of heart, clarity of thought, and strength of purpose. Waldorf education strives to cultivate students who grow into creative, motivated, self-confident adults who are able to find purpose and direction in their lives.

Posted October 12, 2010
The way the teachers teachand encourage the children, Very impressive

Posted October 12, 2010
kids WANT to be here! the most fun, the best teachers, the most love and support in a group of people in any school ever!

Posted March 30, 2009
Prairie Moon is the perfect place for families who are looking for an education that will address 'the whole child' and not just focus on achieving high test scores. I love that the curriculum centers on a connection with nature, and we really feel part of a community at Prairie Moon.

Posted February 06, 2009
My son has attended this school for two years now and we couldn't be happier. His creative spirit and joy of life are respected and encouraged. I love the curriculum and I love the people.

Prairie Moon Waldorf School
1853 East 1600 Road, Lawrence, KS  66044
Last modified Prairie Moon Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Prairie Moon Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top