Public charter
Lawrence, KS
Students enrolled: 1,200

Posted September 25, 2014
LVS is an awesome school so far! My daughter is advancing faster than I could've expected, all while being so excited to do her school work everyday. Me being her mother, am Very impressed with the school, our teacher, and curriculum! It's a very structured home school and fun courses and experiments to do at home with your child! I highly recommend LVS to any parent who has the opportunity to homeschool! Thanks so much LVS!!!!

Posted December 03, 2013
Lvs k12 is the best virtual school for my children . we have been with them since 2010. The teachers and staff have always been supportive .Our teacher Mrs Sheriff has meant a great deal to us & she will be dearly missed! I am in tears right now because we will be leaving LVS K12 !!!! Moving Texas . I have found out that the public school side of Texas k12 can not enroll my children due to not being enrolled in a Texas public school for a year. If youre on the fence ABOUT enrolling your child in the lVS k12 system,,,I would recommend LVS k12 to my family , they would be my first chioce!!

Posted August 04, 2013
LVS-K12 Has been an answer to our family's prayer! Our son has been in ps k-5th grade. This yr we are doing this-so we'll see how it goes. Yes, initial stages of emails and communications with the k12 & LVS has been confusing but everyone is VERY positive and supportive and nice. We started with independent study and returned, received full refund no problems. Now going to do core curriculum through LVS K12 instead. (I will do our own add on Christian incorporation). Less headache starting out hs as they do all the paperwork for State requirements and keep track of all that, saves me time as I still need to work PT while doing the program too! I highly recommend serious consideration in enrolling with LVS K12!

Lawrence Virtual School 1

Posted July 23, 2013
The administration was very disorganized and provided multiple, different answers to questions. Slow to respond.

Lawrence Virtual School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
The ability to enjoy homeschooling your own children and watching them learn and grow via the curriculum and guidance that LVS provides

Posted May 01, 2009
I enrolled my daughter for the 2008-2009 year. I believe our our local schools fail to meet the standards which must be met. My daughter loves LVS and the ability to move through a subject as fast or as slow as needed. So do I. The curriculum itself is wonderful. There is also great support from the Education Specialists. Student progress is tracked online daily. We could not be more pleased with what LVS has to offer when compared to a brick & mortar school. I am fascinated by the amount and quality of support we receive. The school books and other materials are up to date. I enjoy working with my daughter. I like to know what and how she is doing in school and with LVS this is possible. I highly recommend this school to other parents.

Posted February 16, 2009
We enrolled our youngest after our local schools failed to meet our standards. Our youngest loves LVS and the ability to move through a subject as fast or as slow as needed is fantastic and the curriculum itself is outstanding. There is also great support from the teacher through daily email contact, bi-weekly conferences with the teacher/parent/student and daily progress tracked online. We could not be more pleased with what LVS has to offer compared to a brick & mortar facility both for our student and us as parents. There is no wondering how your child is doing or if what they are learning is enough. We wish we had found this years ago when our oldest first started school.

Posted July 17, 2008
This school is GREAT! Really helps me stay on top of things. Provides almost all my materials at a very small cost. I also had an education specialist at my fingertips. I could call or email her at any time. And mine was TERRIFIC! This is the only way we will ever homeschool! I will never go back to traditional homeschooling. And it is very flexible for different children and different learning styles! It's just great!

Lawrence Virtual School 4

Posted June 30, 2008
The education specialists was available the majority of the time I needed help on a subject or just had a question. The cost is very minimal and there is also a tech support to assist you on computer problems. As one of the parents also commented on the field trips, picnics and parent-led enrichment activities

Posted November 02, 2007
This is an excellent school for home education. Your child is still a part of a public school, and yet it is a home schooling setting. I love the teachers and the curriculum. It is perfect and fits our needs. I would highly recommend this school.

Lawrence Virtual School
1104 E 1000 Road, Lawrence, KS  66047
Last modified Lawrence Virtual School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawrence Virtual School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top