Bad
Good

Broken Arrow Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2011
Both of my boys went there and had a great education until 5th grade. 5th grade started the 'I hate school" and 'The teacher hates me" . Both of my boys have always had great grades and loved school. 5th grade changed it all. Even after multiple meetings with the teachers my husband and I didn't get the problems solved. At one point I was told by the teachers they 'couldn't help' their feelings and they had no intention of changing. They even admitted they don't care for boys. Also they really get into taking away recess for the whole class when it is constantly only one kid getting into trouble.

Posted July 06, 2010
We have loved Broken Arrow and are so sad to be moving away. I have loved being able to volunteer in the classroom on a weekly basis in my daughter's first, second and third grade classes. We have also helped with the school's educational gardens, which are such a great teaching tool, just steps outside the classroom door. The teachers are first rate educators and really want to see your child succeed. I can't say enough good things about Broken Arrow. They recently received a national Blue Ribbon award for their outstanding achievements.

Posted December 19, 2008
This is my 6th graders last year at BA and I've been happy with the school and the teachers as a whole. The only year that was frustrating was his 5th gr. year. I felt the 5th gr.teachers didn't relate at all to boys or to that age group. It was the first year I ever heard the dreaded words ' I hate school'. My husband and I even met with his teacher to discuss our concerns but didn't leave feeling anything had been accomplished. This year is great and it's not a hassle every am to motivate him to get up and get going. Linda Coover

Broken Arrow Elementary School

Posted April 30, 2007
My daughter went there last year and then came to another school not in lawrence for her 5th grade year and she told me that the teachers are really grumpy and hard to talk to and her math grades suffered at the beginning of the school year because she was afraid to ask questions...She may be going back for her 6th grade year not by my choice though and i am really concerned about her well being if she does go back there. she has told me how much she hates that school and the food is terrible.

Posted February 13, 2004
Broken Arrow is a wonderful enviornment. They have alot of support staff for all the teachers and the teachers are wonderful.

Broken Arrow Elementary School
2704 Louisiana St, Lawrence, KS  66046
Last modified Broken Arrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.