Leavenworth, KS

Posted January 25, 2012
Disregard everything you hear bad about Immaculata High School. This is a wonderful school full of great and friendly students as well as ready-to-help teachers.

Immaculata High School 2

Posted August 01, 2011
I transferred into Immaculata second semester of my freshman year from out of state. The counselor refused to calculae my GPA for nearly 5 months, the students in my class were very mean and unaccepting of me as a new student, and the school wanted me to retake classes during my sophmore year. The school offered limited gifted classes, and was not accomodating when I had questions. I was paying thousands of dollars to be held back. The cost of Immaculata is a sacrifice, and on top of tuition, you are expected to fundraise and pay more throughout the year. However, Immaculata did seem to have a family oriented feel and the teachers were wonderful. But in the end, Immaculata became a liability insted of an asset to my education.

Posted May 24, 2009
As a former student, it is the best school you could ask for and prepared me for college and medical school. I am successful professionally, socially, in marriage and spiritually because of the many expereinces I had at IMAC and to this day, many of my closest friends are my fellow classmates from many years ago. I only hope to send my children to a school like IMAC during their high school years. IMAC prepares studnets for success not only academically, but socially and spiritually. I will always look fondly upon my years at IMAC as some of the best years of my life.

Posted May 07, 2009
Imac can't get any better! It is the best school you will ever encounter. The teachers are amazing and care about what you are interested unlike public schools. Even though it is a small school its makes it more comfortable for anyone more like one big family.

Immaculata High School 0

Posted February 14, 2009
IMAC is a wonderful school. We do not live in Leavenworth, we are a Kansas City family who chooses to send our son here. We drive about 22 miles each way, every day. Tuition is, in my opinion, reasonable. While IMAC may not have all of the offerings of some of the larger schools, the children are encouraged to participate in any and all activities they are interested in. IMAC truly has the best interest of the child at heart. It is a wonderful school, and a family in every way.

Posted March 31, 2008
While Imac doesn't have as many programs as many of the other area schools do, Imac is focused on educating a student thoroughly. The cost of Imac is a sacrifice, but an acceptable sacrifice that prepares a student for any kind of college. The fact of the matter is that the community and the faculty understand they are there to educate students to the best of their abilities. Imac instills not only knowledge, but values and a sense of self-worth.

Immaculata High School 1

Posted October 01, 2006
- a former student

Immaculata High School 1

Posted January 08, 2006
- a former student
As a former student I would agree that Imac is a very clicky and elitist school. Most parents are fooling themselves if they think that there is any sort of discipline at the school. The teachers, principle, and for that matter many of the parents just look the other way when kids are getting into trouble. If you are one of the kids from a long line of Imac grads you can get away with murder. Save your money go public!

Posted May 04, 2005
This school is a bargain. People in Leavenworth do not realize the bargain of private education they get. If the school fails, its because parents refuse to make the sacrifices to send their kids there. The current graduating class comprises a third of the school...In Johnson County, private education is much more expensive. Every parent that cares about his or her child can be involved in attending games, music and theater events, and can meet with the teachers on a personal level. Every teacher takes care to follow the guidelines set by the state of Kansas. The school has a reputation as being a great institution, and parents that think they're not getting an education that is worth AT LEAST twice as much as they are paying haven't compared the prices of other schooling. College is much more expensive than high school. Immaculata deserves to house every student parents will send.

Posted November 21, 2004
This is an excellent school. Yes, it could be better, for it has changed greatly from what it used to be. Things at this school aren't the same anymore... it used to be a school where middle-class families could afford to go there, and the school was one big family. Now, the prices are insane, and... not many people can afford to stay there, all the down-to-earth people had to, unfortunately, leave in order to pay for other things. Don't get me wrong, Imac is still and excellent school, they enforce great discipline, and practice following our hearts. Without Imac, I'm not sure how Leavenworth would be. Imac can't fall apart, they must stay together, and find a solution to these problems.

Immaculata High School
600 Shawnee Street, Leavenworth, KS  66048
Last modified Immaculata High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Immaculata High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top