9-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Immaculata prepared me for life as a very well rounded person. You are supported to accomplish things that interest you and encouraged to try new things. The environment is welcoming and you get the feeling that everyone truly cares about you as an individual. The classes are challenging that prepare you for excelling in college.
March 24, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Wonderful school, great teachers, tremendous leadership! We are so fortunate to have a school of this caliber in Leavenworth!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Accountability, discipline, and understanding! These are attributes that prepare one for the rest of their life!

I graduated from Imac in 1991, and am grateful I did. Not only did I receive an excellent education, I continue to remain close with many of my classmates. My parents are still friends with my classmates parents! The bonds myself and my siblings and parents made will last a lifetime! Brian Graf

Two of my children have graduated from Imac. Both were very well prepared for college. Immaculata is a school where students are encouraged to acheive to their highest potential. The sports programs support character development over winning. Peer pressure tends positively toward academic acheivement and moral behavior. Both of my children took college courses during the school day. One has been able to graduate a year early due to these classes. The education of the whole person at Imac is outstanding!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are highly qualified, believe in education, and challenge students. The teachers take time to get to know each student.

Amount of homework: Agree

The school strives to prepare students for college or some form of higher education. Whether that be a vocational or technical school or a four year university, homework is a part of it. The school gives an appropriate amount of homework to prepare students for higher education and teach them the importance of balancing and not procrastinating.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school provides a faith-based education. Even if you are not Catholic, you learn the importance of values and morals. The entire staff teaches through example.

As a graduate of IMAC, I am happy to say that IMAC prepared me not only for college but for the real world. Personally, academically, my freshmen year of college was easier than any of my years in high school. IMAC and its staff taught me organization skills, accountability, and self-discipline through its high expectations. I also learned leadership skills and how to work with different personality types. Despite some comments that have been made about the offered extra curriculars, IMAC has a variety of activities and clubs that students can participate in. If a student is interested in something that is not offered at the school, there are opportunities to collaborate with the public schools. You get the best of both worlds - small, family-oriented school with the opportunities and options of a larger school. Also, for those who comment that the school costs too much - does it cost more than public school? Yes, but it is worth it. There are a number of options in place such as scholarships and reductions. If someone wants to attend the school, the school will work with you financially.

My 2 daughters attend Immaculata High School. The best decision we've made as parents has been to send our girls to a Catholic high school. The emphasis on Christ in their daily lives and how that reflects in their schoolwork and interactions with peers and staff is more than we ever received at public school. Thank you for providing high quality education and spiritual guadiance to my students as they are growing and learning in Christ. (Side note my husband and daughters are not Catholic)

Last modified Immaculata High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12