PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My children and I both LOVED this school, the parents, teachers, principal, and fellow students were awesome! Friendly and engaging, the teaching staff gave each of my children the instruction and attention they needed to thrive. This school is one of the best things about living in Leavenworth, we were incredibly sad to leave. Being a military family and exposed to several different schools and school districts, this was by far our favorite in our travels thus far. I loved the family involvement, the excitement my children fostered for chapel, and their curriculum is one of the best in Kansas. The schools on post were an entire year behind the school system in GA, so it was a relief when we found St. Paul that they were competitive academically with where our children previously attended!

I went to this school from preschool-6th grade, and it was awful...the teachers get into petty fights, certain students are picked on, the libraries are very limited, there are no electives or special classes, limited sports, and the art teacher is very dictating. The teacher who majored English is the 5th grade Math teacher! She's also a grouch. At this school, I was failing multiple classes because the teachers are worthless...now at my new school, I have As and Bs, electives, more opportunities for sports, and super nice teachers/principal/secretary/counselor! I'm so glad I got out of this place with my sanity intact! Oh, yeah; there are NO lockers and NO switching classes here. Good luck in high school, where they'll just be thrown to the dogs! In conclusion, stay away from this school.

St Paul has an excellent academic program and provides individualized instruction with their low student/teacher ration. My daughter, who tested academically gifted in another state public school, is challenged daily in learning and absolutely loves the schools and people. My son is thriving and learning quickly in Kindergarten, proudly reading and proving his math skills at home. Both children exhibit good manners and know the difference in right and wrong, two qualities that are reinforced daily at St Paul. Highly recommend this school for comprehensive education, loving environment and small class size.

My daughter attended St Paul when we were stationed at Fort Leavenworth. She was in the Pre-3 class. I loved their focus on social interaction. Teaching the children to communicate in effect ways. They were patient, kind, and truly cared about all their students. I was an aid in one of the classrooms and watched a teacher first hand everyday. They used every situation as a learning opportunity. When the children start their first week, they take the time to make sure every child knows exactly what is expected of them. My daughter learned a lot at this school and I was sorry to have to see he leave.

My daughter attended both the 3- and 4-year-old preschool program at St. Paul's, and we were very happy with her experience. The school offers a well-rounded academic program and socialization opportunities that really enrich young children. I have recommended and will continue to recommend St Paul!

My son started pre-school here and could not be happier. He loves to go every day. We love the extended care program and all the teachers are professional and exceptional. Highly recommend this school for anyone.

This school isn't the most technologically advanced. Yet our test scores are higher and when out in the city schools students study habits are better and their grades are excellent. The teachers go above and beyond.

Last modified St Paul Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8