Posted March 22, 2013
I have put four children through LES. half way through our principle changed and i was concerned- as filling principal harris's shoes was going to be hard; he was so amazing. but mr palmer did it! i loved how he knew all the childrens names by heart withiin a few weeks. i don't think any school is perfect, but this one would be close. every one on staff is caring and attentive. they have a "PAL" program for parents to volunteer at the school. so you can be as involved there as you would like. i eat lunch with my kids at least once a week and they are welcoming. their educational standards for excellence are high, as well as what they expect from a well mannered, caring child. its not just about education here. they help teach the children respect, honor, friendship, manners and virtue.

Posted October 03, 2011
I am really happy with the school, teachers, principal, supporting staff. The kids work really hard at school and the homework load is appropriate. There is also a great community spirit and kids are taught wonderful values such as respect. One of my child is on an IEP and I am happy with the support he is getting. The only minor thing I am not crazy about: in some classes, children are given too much candy as a reward for good work or behavior.

Posted April 15, 2011
I have lived in and around many cities in Johnson County for many years. I have been in several Olathe, Shawnee Mission, and Blue Valley schools. Whilst I can say positive things about all of the schools my children have attended, I am most pleased with the caring, commited, and professional atmosphere I have withnessed at Leawood. No school is perfect, but Leawood comes very close. This school handles it's responsibilities well and when a concern is brought to their attention it is handled with efficiency and care. I have been very pleased by my interactions with staff, both classroom teachers and other support staff. The secretaries are knowlegeable and welcoming. The principal is new (as of 2010) and seems to be very organized and on the ball. My children's 1st and 4th grade experience has been wonderful. I really feel that they are being prepared for the future.

Leawood Elementary School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
The school has great teachers and a great education program

Posted December 07, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008
Very dedicated staff and principal. All of them very willing to listen your concerns and needs. Every student is important to them. No one is discriminated against.

Leawood Elementary School 0

Posted March 27, 2008
3 children thru LES. Overall a very good school. The good: Very clean, safe, and overall caring staff. Affluent suburb so no problems of any sort. Very achievement motivated and push for performance from the kids. Teachers are into their jobs. The not so good: While I would never say it is a bad school I will say it is a school more suited to students with only 1 working parent. The homework load is tremendous & I get the impression that because it is in an affluent area the teachers push alot of the work to the parents thru heavy homework loads. The suburban mothers encourage this w/ their hyper-focus on their children & school politicking. They are a hoot to watch scurrying around the school panicking when Johnny/Jane don't get straight A's. Teachers are very good at this game of pushing the parents to do the teachers job.

Leawood Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted January 24, 2008
Leawood Elementary School is like a big, warm hug for students and parents alike. The staff is very seasoned, being one of the oldest buildings in the Blue Valley School District, and its academic performance is exceptional.

Posted July 29, 2007
This school is Amazing! My daughter has special needs and attends the pre-school there. I can't believe how lucky we are to attend a school where the teachers are so dedicated to preparing our little one for kindergarten and for life. Our fourth grader also had an incredible experience with the new fourth grade teacher, Mr. Kort! The PTO in this school is second to none. A+ to Leawood Elementary!

Leawood Elementary School
3411 W. 103rd Street, Leawood, KS  66209
Last modified Leawood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leawood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top