Posted November 12, 2013
I go to this school it is amazing about all of the wonderful thisge they teach you.

Posted June 14, 2013
I go here and this school is very amazing. The teachers are wonderful to and very kind! I'm in 7th grade and if ur thinking about going here then go here! Plz take my advice!

Leawood Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2012
When relocating to the area, we researched the schools and chose Leawood Elementary and Leawood Middle based on a number of factors. But we missed the boat on a few things. The area is very affluent, and we've noticed there is a strong class system in place. There are few efforts to teach inclusion in the schools, and there is substantial "bullying" that tends to get swept under the rug in favor of certain families. We are fortunate that our children have not experienced much of this, but they tell us about incidents -- and we hear from other families as well. We do not feel there is strong administration at Leawood Middle. We would rank the teachers as middle of the road. There are a few very good ones, but we've been disappointed with the quality of education and the lack of dedication to students. And given the resources of the school district, we are disappointed in the extracurricular activities and the condition of the school itself. I do agree with one review about being involved with the school and your kids having a better experience. I've experienced that first-hand. But I also see kids whose parents can't be as involved, and their kids are overlooked.

Leawood Middle School 3

Posted March 03, 2012
As with most schools, there are dedicated and caring teachers and others who should have found something else to do with their life. While I do concur that there are cliques in the school, I can't believe this is unusual for any middle school. Some teacher are quite proactive in communicating with parents, other teachers are not. My daughter says she has never seen or experienced any instances of bullying. If you are very involved with your child's education, they will do well. If you don't pay attention to grades and assignments, things can quickly slip. I have found The administration to be highly responsive and caring. As with anything in life, you get out of experiences what you put into them.

Leawood Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2012
Clique city!!! If your child wants to join a clique, this is the school for you. There is an astonishing array of cliques to choose from! The school does nothing to encourage acceptance of all students, whatever their interests may be. There is no counseling to dissuade cliques or bullying. Yes, there have been anti-bullying classes/courses offered in the evenings, but not during school time that I have ever heard of. Staff is passive about getting involved in these issues. There is very little diversity. The teachers have been very good, however. I'm not seeing the greatness this school district professes to have.

Leawood Middle School 1

Posted March 20, 2011
If you aren't a straight A student, don't play sports and don't like to pick on other kids mercilessly then this school is not for you. I went here and it was the worst 3 years of my life. Don't believe any of the hype. If this school is in any way today like it was when I went I would not recommend it. I really believe that some of the teachers I had and students I attended with were inherently evil and sadistic, and the administration didn't give a rats *** about it.

Posted February 06, 2009
this school is DA BOMB! it is awesome, the teachers are really nice and funny.

Leawood Middle School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
its an awesome school and tha kids and teachers are so kind and thoughtful! its a small school so it has a homey vibe to it:]

Posted August 26, 2008
fabulous staff, amazing parental participation, all-around great educational experience

Leawood Middle School 4

Posted January 25, 2008
Let me first start by saying you can do alot worse and I understand that. This school is a very good school. However, I do believe that the reason that the kids do well is because of the parents. The teachers push alot of the responsibility to the parents and because this is an upperclass area most of the kids mothers have the time to act as part time teachers and handle alot of the resonsibility instead of the teachers. When a child is doing poorly the teachers basically just put it off on the parents and push the parents to take more time to educate their child. Maybe this is the way education works but it seems that the burden is way too skewed to the parents rather than the teachers and the teachers know they can get away with it.

Leawood Middle School
2410 West 123rd St, Leawood, KS  66209
Last modified Leawood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leawood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top