Bad
Good

I go to this school it is amazing about all of the wonderful thisge they teach you.

I go here and this school is very amazing. The teachers are wonderful to and very kind! I'm in 7th grade and if ur thinking about going here then go here! Plz take my advice!

This school is the BEST school i've ever seen so far in my life. It has great, funny teachers that help students and lots of activities for students to get into. If you are looking for a school, CHOOSE THIS ONE!!!!

When relocating to the area, we researched the schools and chose Leawood Elementary and Leawood Middle based on a number of factors. But we missed the boat on a few things. The area is very affluent, and we've noticed there is a strong class system in place. There are few efforts to teach inclusion in the schools, and there is substantial "bullying" that tends to get swept under the rug in favor of certain families. We are fortunate that our children have not experienced much of this, but they tell us about incidents -- and we hear from other families as well. We do not feel there is strong administration at Leawood Middle. We would rank the teachers as middle of the road. There are a few very good ones, but we've been disappointed with the quality of education and the lack of dedication to students. And given the resources of the school district, we are disappointed in the extracurricular activities and the condition of the school itself. I do agree with one review about being involved with the school and your kids having a better experience. I've experienced that first-hand. But I also see kids whose parents can't be as involved, and their kids are overlooked.

As with most schools, there are dedicated and caring teachers and others who should have found something else to do with their life. While I do concur that there are cliques in the school, I can't believe this is unusual for any middle school. Some teacher are quite proactive in communicating with parents, other teachers are not. My daughter says she has never seen or experienced any instances of bullying. If you are very involved with your child's education, they will do well. If you don't pay attention to grades and assignments, things can quickly slip. I have found The administration to be highly responsive and caring. As with anything in life, you get out of experiences what you put into them.

Clique city!!! If your child wants to join a clique, this is the school for you. There is an astonishing array of cliques to choose from! The school does nothing to encourage acceptance of all students, whatever their interests may be. There is no counseling to dissuade cliques or bullying. Yes, there have been anti-bullying classes/courses offered in the evenings, but not during school time that I have ever heard of. Staff is passive about getting involved in these issues. There is very little diversity. The teachers have been very good, however. I'm not seeing the greatness this school district professes to have.

If you aren't a straight A student, don't play sports and don't like to pick on other kids mercilessly then this school is not for you. I went here and it was the worst 3 years of my life. Don't believe any of the hype. If this school is in any way today like it was when I went I would not recommend it. I really believe that some of the teachers I had and students I attended with were inherently evil and sadistic, and the administration didn't give a rats *** about it.

this school is DA BOMB! it is awesome, the teachers are really nice and funny.

its an awesome school and tha kids and teachers are so kind and thoughtful! its a small school so it has a homey vibe to it:]

fabulous staff, amazing parental participation, all-around great educational experience

Last modified Leawood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.