Posted July 01, 2012
I think if you are sorry to graduate from a school, it says it all. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the excellent principle and the Mission Trail teachers and staff. My only regret is that we did not go to this school sooner. We were at a parochial school that did not meet our needs. Mission Trail welcomed us with open arms. The teachers were the best teachers any of my children have ever had. They were so interested in our child! So supportive and helpful! I almost had to get used to the caring attitude. The principal was so friendly and caring and greeted my child by name. She did not have favorites and she was so approachable for children and adults alike. The kindness and emphasis on virtues at this school shows! I cannot tell you what a different environment it was for my child and me. Leaving the parochial school system was the hardest decision we have ever made - but I feel like a fool for not attending this school with the rest of our children! The education here is excellent. Mission Trail is on a mission to help your child reach their full potential and encourage the kind of virtues we need in society. I thank God for this school!

Posted June 24, 2012
Simply put, MTE is the best elementary school in the KC area. My kids have been to private and public alike. If you live in the MTE's boundaries, dont bother sending your kids to private schools. Its a waste of your money if you have MTE to choose from. In fact, Id pay more for my kids to go to MTE than to Barstow. Love the principal. She is honest, hard-working, innovative, brilliant, loves kids (treats them like her own), caring, dedicated,and one of a kind. If all of the U.S. had principals like her, our kids and our country's future would be in a lot better state.

Posted May 07, 2010
This may be the best elementary education available in the metro area. We have three children (one with special needs, one gifted, and one quite happily the 'norm') who have all done so well at MTE. The new principal is fabulous. The teachers are smart, experienced, and committed to the kids and to the school. The facilities are first-rate (the new art room is incredible), and there is huge community involvement and support. We particularly looked for a 'smaller' BV school, and we have never regretted our choice. I went to Catholic school, and my husband went to a very large, well-regarded urban public school, and we both think MTE exceeds those schools.

Posted December 05, 2009
I have had one child go through Mission Trail and have my second in the 3rd grade there. I have found it to be a very positive environment for them, with emphasis placed not only on quality education but in creating well-rounded, respectful and empathetic kids.

Posted November 13, 2009
I am very pleased with this school and its staff.

Mission Trail Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2009
I wish there was more diversity at this school. Also, the parents aren't at all interested in reaching out to new parents mid-semester. The new principle remains to prove herself to me as competent. But I sppose you cant have it all. Most other posts here are true, however. Great education.

Mission Trail Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2008
wonderful school Mission trail represents a strong foundation in education.

Posted May 18, 2007
A great school with teachers who really go the extra mile and a very supportive administrative staff.

Posted March 29, 2007
This is the one Great school! This is a caring school! Parents are welcome.Principal is GREAT!

Posted September 21, 2006
Mission Trail welcomed us with open arms when our needs were not getting met at a parochial school. The excellence did not stop there, they continue to exceed our expectations in personal and academic development. They rival any parochial school in getting students excited about values and virtues. We have used nearly every service available and have not found a weakness. This is a very well run and well rounded school that you can send your children to with confidence.

Mission Trail Elementary School
13200 Mission Rd, Leawood, KS  66209
Last modified Mission Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Trail Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top