Posted April 30, 2013
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy - Excellent teacher/student ratios, caring staff, beautiful facilities, involved and happy students. A much better environment than other schools I have worked for and comparable or better than the excellent public schools my kids attended. BTW - I am Jewish and I am impressed with what I have seen!

Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy 1

Posted January 29, 2012
They are nationally known to be a horrible school. I am jewish and they are a disgrace

Posted September 15, 2009
As a teacher, it is a blessing to start each day listening to students from age 5 to 18 praying. HBHA is a great place for students because the staff works together to make sure that an excellent learning environment is created for all students.

Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy 0

Posted September 11, 2009
I have been a part of Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy for nearly 30 years. Teachers are treated like professionals, given the ability to design the curriculum that meets the needs of the students and their interets. The staff collaborates with each other on a regular basis, building professional rapport with one another. Students at HBHA become members of the school family, meeting weekly in celebration. It is a very caring enrironment that is academically rigorous and challenging. I am blessed to be a part of Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy.

Posted September 11, 2009
I have been at The Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy for 8 years, and although there have been challenges along the way, I can honestly say that this is the most amazing place to work as a teacher. Being a small student, we have a unique opportunity to really get to know our students, watch them grow into the young adults that they can be, and continue to encourage them and have an impact on their lives. As a new teacher, I was surrounded by professionals that encouraged me to develop my own style and creativity, while guiding me to become more professional. I am still blessed to be part of a staff that comes to work every day because they care so much about children and the school. I cant think of a better place to teach or learn.

Posted September 08, 2009
My children have been at the Academy since kindergarten. They've each had a variety of special needs, including additional academic enrichment inside and outside the classroom, and accommodations for one of our children who is both gifted and ADHD. They've each received highly individualized attention; almost a private school within a private school. Their academic education has exceeded my husband's and my already high expectations, but even more important, they've both begun to learn and live core Judaic values. (FYI,the Judaic education program has been completely redesigned since the 2007 reviewer's comments.) Their classmates are like family to them and their confidence socially has enabled them to attend overnight summer camps and other social activities where they knew almost no-one, without fear of 'fitting in'.

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
The environment is the amazing. Some parents believe it is too small but that suites many students. It is a great place to make friends that will last you a lifetime and have teachers will often come back to visit. It is a great school and I would highly recommend it to any jewish/non-jewish family

Posted November 07, 2008
I think this school is a great place and i think that many students can benifit from it.

Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy 2

Posted May 17, 2007
The Hebrew language program is abysmal and the Judaic education is a joke. The once family-like atmosphere has been substituted with a cookie-cutter teach-to-the-test attitude. This school, however, is not successful in teaching to outside curricula. The utter lack of a school community comes both from the schools small size and plain old apathy.

Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy
5801 West 115th Street, Leawood, KS  66211
Last modified Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top