Posted April 09, 2014
We have decided to keep our children enrolled at Phoenix rather than transition them to the public elementary school (which is also great) because the teacher at Phoenix are superior and the montessori method really fits well with our kids learning styles. Just a site visit to a montessori school will prove to you that this is the way kids love to learn. My kids are excited each day to go to school. Facts aren't pushed into their brain- they are encouraged to discover and understand the world around them. I wish all children were so lucky to have such supportive teachers. Mrs Blackford and Mrs Fernandez are amazing. I'm glad they expanded the program through 3rd grad so my kids could continue here.

Posted March 31, 2010
Once you step thru the doors and meet Mrs. Blackford (Alice) you know you have found the right place! 3 of my 4 children attended the school Ms. Casey left - I have had students there for over 10 years and it s been an incredibly fulfilling experience for them. you will be hard pressed to offer comparable, exceptional nurturing and the education that my children have received from a very experienced teacher elsewhere.

Posted March 30, 2010
Absolutely the best Montessori pre-school/kindergarten education in the area. Mrs. Blackford and Mrs. Chaney work together to make this school top in academics and in developing child-to-child interaction. My son has a tremendous amount of confidence in his academic ability going into 1st Grade (this fall) thanks to this great school. He loves learning and school thanks to this great learning environment.

Posted March 30, 2010
Incredible school. 32 years of parents under the directress agree emphatically. Highest level of authentic Montessori education. Not-for-profit school. Family atmosphere. Can't say enough about it.

Posted March 30, 2010
Superior education. Authentic Montessori experience. Incredibly gifted and caring directress with over 32 years with AMI certification. Pleasant, family atmosphere. My oldest was advanced and skipped a grade after leaving Phoenix. Seeing other top schools, I wouldn't think of sending my child anywhere else.

Posted March 30, 2010
As a former teacher and school administrator, I did a lot of research as to where to send my girls to pre-school. There were none that compared to Phoenix Montessori. The teachers are fantastic and both of my girls have thrived there. My oldest will enter first grade next year already reading chapter books and knowing how to do addition and subtraction. She is way ahead of the game academically and socially. I attribute this to the experience she's had at Phoenix Montessori and will never be able to thank them enough. It's an amazing school!

The Phoenix Montessori School 1

Posted January 07, 2010
Unfortunately Mrs. Irwin is no longer at the school. Our family had a horrible experience with a drastic change in the curriculum, teaching style, and the school administration after our child's original teacher (Mrs. Irwin) departed the school. We had no choice but to pull our child and look for another Montessori school.

The Phoenix Montessori School
2013 W 104th St, Leawood, KS  66206
Last modified The Phoenix Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
The Phoenix Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top