Bad
Good

My son attended 1st grade here. His teacher, Ms Friesen, was amazing. She encouraged development and imagination, recognized slower learning spots that needed more attention, and always kept in contact with me on my son's accomplishments as well as any concerns. The principal is very involved with all the kids and pleasantly accessible to parents. Safe environment that encourages community and teaches manners and peer respect. Great anti-bully campaign on a daily basis.

My son attended Pre-K at the Early Childhood Center at Vermillion. His teacher was really nice and we talked multiple times and emailed, so I was in the loop on how my son was doing in class. I was given many opportunities to bring the learning home; there was a letter booklet sent home almost every week, and chances to start sight words at home if you thought your child was ready. They treated my child like an individual, helped him when he wasn't wanting to go into the classroom by making it a game. Every time I went to the school the principal was visiting classes. I only had to speak to the principal once about a fundraiser (confusion about online orders, it was new) and we got it all figured out. My son rode the bus and was picked up and dropped off at home, he really likes ridding the bus made lots of friends. I talked to the bus driver on several occasions and was told about his behavior on the bus. Overall, I think it's a really great school. There was lots of communication with my child's teacher, there were home learning opportunities, and they treated him like an individual. If we weren't moving I would definitely send him back for Kindergarten.

I think the academics are below what other schools in the area are offering. I pulled my kindergarten student out of this school. I had no teacher communication to the parent, even when I requested it. The reading program for kindergarten was way below what my kiddo needed. The expect to little from their students. My child's teacher was generally out of communication and never sent art, etc. home that had been completed. To top it all off when we moved I never got her school pictures that I had paid for sent to me, or a call to come pick them up. Poor communication from the school in general.

Last modified Maize Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.