Maize, KS

Maize Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2013
My son attended Pre-K at the Early Childhood Center at Vermillion. His teacher was really nice and we talked multiple times and emailed, so I was in the loop on how my son was doing in class. I was given many opportunities to bring the learning home; there was a letter booklet sent home almost every week, and chances to start sight words at home if you thought your child was ready. They treated my child like an individual, helped him when he wasn't wanting to go into the classroom by making it a game. Every time I went to the school the principal was visiting classes. I only had to speak to the principal once about a fundraiser (confusion about online orders, it was new) and we got it all figured out. My son rode the bus and was picked up and dropped off at home, he really likes ridding the bus made lots of friends. I talked to the bus driver on several occasions and was told about his behavior on the bus. Overall, I think it's a really great school. There was lots of communication with my child's teacher, there were home learning opportunities, and they treated him like an individual. If we weren't moving I would definitely send him back for Kindergarten.

Maize Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2007
I think the academics are below what other schools in the area are offering. I pulled my kindergarten student out of this school. I had no teacher communication to the parent, even when I requested it. The reading program for kindergarten was way below what my kiddo needed. The expect to little from their students. My child's teacher was generally out of communication and never sent art, etc. home that had been completed. To top it all off when we moved I never got her school pictures that I had paid for sent to me, or a call to come pick them up. Poor communication from the school in general.

Maize Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2006
Good school, great structure. good teachers, enclosed kindg. playground. strong parent involvement. very good for wichita area.

Maize Elementary School 5

Posted April 12, 2005
My daughter attended this school for kindergarten and first grade. The building may be old but the school is great! I loved the way it was set up with only the little kids in this building. It was a really friendly place with so much to offer. They use computers here wonderfully with all the classrooms having their own (6 I believe) and then computer labs too. My daughter rode the bus and that was handled wonderfully with her being picked up at our house and dropped off for the kindergarten year. I was involved in helping in the classrooms and always felt welcome there. I think it is an enriching and challenging school.

Maize Elementary School
305 West Jones, Maize, KS  67101
Last modified Maize Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Maize Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top