Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our experience with Lee for the multiple years we were varied from year to year. There are some excellent teachers there and there are some horrible teachers there. We got our taste of both. One teacher seemed more focused on medicating our child than teaching our child and also favored one parent over the other - that was the horrible one. Other teachers were excellent and focused on encouraging our child and propelling our child to excel. As far as the staff goes - it is hit and miss. Some are fantastic and some leave you wondering how they managed to be qualified for their job. If you are a blended family, I would avoid this school at all costs. They are not prepared or equipped to provide a non-biased interest for your kids. We experienced staff members telling us they were "on our side" and staff members making it clear they were not. I suppose if you do not have any drama with any exes this school would be an okay school. My take from it is that they don't quite have their stuff together to handle any dynamic other than your ideal American family.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of them are effective at teaching and taking the time to make sure the students understand what they are being taught.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework every day in grade school is unnecessary. What happened to kids being kids? Instead ours had at least 30min-1hour of homework every single day, except Fridays.

Develops character: Neutral

For the most part they do. However, when you are the parent of a "problem child" be prepared for every problem in the classroom to be your child's fault, even when it is not due to assumption and not asking students what really happened.

My son is in kindergarten this year at Lee Elementary and so far I am very satisfied with this school. His teacher, Ms. Gibson, is a wonderful lady who has spent a lot of time working with my son. He has been through a lot and has some ADHD issues that make it hard for him to concentrate but she does her best when it comes to fighting through that. She helps him stay on task and fully understand what he is supposed to be learning. As far as communication that is also something that this school is wonderful at. She sends home notes everyday about his behavior praising him on good days and letting me know about the not so good ones as well. She has offered help and suggestions and has been available whenever I have needed her. She is a sweet teacher and is very enthusiastic with the children. My son also goes to the boys and girls program after school until I get off work and they have been just as wonderful. This school has been a wonderful kindergarten experience for myself and my son and I only hope when it comes time to move that we are able to find somewhere as wonderful as Lee. Thank you Ms. Gibson, the boys and girls club and Lee for everything that you have done!!! Great Job

This school is absolutely ridiculous. There is no communication from the school or the teachers regarding your childs education. Do not expect any contact from the principal or your childs teachers unless they want money for a trip or some other material item. There is no want to help your child learn there. Just look at the schools test scores they are embarrassing to say the least.

Lee School offers many avenues for communication between parents and teachers. My child's classroom teacher sent home a weekly newsletter as well as frequent emails through the Intouch system USD 383 has in place for mass communication. In addition, the school newsletter is sent home bi-weekly with a one-page update from the principal. My experience as a Lee School parent has been nothing but positive for the last four years. Lee School is also an ACADEMICALLY sound school which continues to strive to meet the challenges of our unique population. Lee School continues to meet the needs of my child and I feel very fortunate that she attends such a well respected school in the Manhattan community.

The year at Lee Elementary was really not good. If you as a parent want to know what is being covered and be an involved parent this is not the school for you. The communication between teachers and parents is nearly nonexistent, even when you request the information and meet with the principal. Acedemically lets just say it is far from a powerhouse.

Ever hear how looks can be deceiving? Well that is exactly what will happen here! Education....Low! Programs that require your money and time...High! The school supply list...Ridiculous! The chances of finding teacher on the year here.... 0 TO NONE!!! Never will send anyone in this direction! Wish I would have never had the displeasure of this experience or my poor family! Just a heads up...Mind your P's & Q's & Watch Your Back!!!

We spent one year at Lee, during that year I was a kindergarten mom and also PTO president. We loved it and wish we could go back but thats what being in the military is like. They are getting plans started for the renovations that will be starting next year. We never had problems at Lee, Dr. Kole is the principal and she is very good with the kids and the office staff is friendly and helpful and the teachers are great, anyone would be fortunate to attend Lee and associate with the great people there.

Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.