Manhattan, KS

Posted January 23, 2014
My son is in kindergarten this year at Lee Elementary and so far I am very satisfied with this school. His teacher, Ms. Gibson, is a wonderful lady who has spent a lot of time working with my son. He has been through a lot and has some ADHD issues that make it hard for him to concentrate but she does her best when it comes to fighting through that. She helps him stay on task and fully understand what he is supposed to be learning. As far as communication that is also something that this school is wonderful at. She sends home notes everyday about his behavior praising him on good days and letting me know about the not so good ones as well. She has offered help and suggestions and has been available whenever I have needed her. She is a sweet teacher and is very enthusiastic with the children. My son also goes to the boys and girls program after school until I get off work and they have been just as wonderful. This school has been a wonderful kindergarten experience for myself and my son and I only hope when it comes time to move that we are able to find somewhere as wonderful as Lee. Thank you Ms. Gibson, the boys and girls club and Lee for everything that you have done!!! Great Job

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
This school is absolutely ridiculous. There is no communication from the school or the teachers regarding your childs education. Do not expect any contact from the principal or your childs teachers unless they want money for a trip or some other material item. There is no want to help your child learn there. Just look at the schools test scores they are embarrassing to say the least.

Posted May 31, 2010
Lee School offers many avenues for communication between parents and teachers. My child's classroom teacher sent home a weekly newsletter as well as frequent emails through the Intouch system USD 383 has in place for mass communication. In addition, the school newsletter is sent home bi-weekly with a one-page update from the principal. My experience as a Lee School parent has been nothing but positive for the last four years. Lee School is also an ACADEMICALLY sound school which continues to strive to meet the challenges of our unique population. Lee School continues to meet the needs of my child and I feel very fortunate that she attends such a well respected school in the Manhattan community.

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2010
The year at Lee Elementary was really not good. If you as a parent want to know what is being covered and be an involved parent this is not the school for you. The communication between teachers and parents is nearly nonexistent, even when you request the information and meet with the principal. Acedemically lets just say it is far from a powerhouse.

Posted January 14, 2010

Lee Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2009
Ever hear how looks can be deceiving? Well that is exactly what will happen here! Education....Low! Programs that require your money and time...High! The school supply list...Ridiculous! The chances of finding teacher on the year here.... 0 TO NONE!!! Never will send anyone in this direction! Wish I would have never had the displeasure of this experience or my poor family! Just a heads up...Mind your P's & Q's & Watch Your Back!!!

Posted October 01, 2009
We spent one year at Lee, during that year I was a kindergarten mom and also PTO president. We loved it and wish we could go back but thats what being in the military is like. They are getting plans started for the renovations that will be starting next year. We never had problems at Lee, Dr. Kole is the principal and she is very good with the kids and the office staff is friendly and helpful and the teachers are great, anyone would be fortunate to attend Lee and associate with the great people there.

Posted July 28, 2008
We move here from the east coast, not knowing anything about the public schools in Manhattan, KS. We enrolled our child in a private school, come to find out the USD 383 school system were excellent schools. So we enroll our child at Lee Elementary, he is doing very well in all his classes. It don't matter private or public schools, there will always be bullies in the schools. We don't live in a prefect world, but at least Lee Elemantary do their best to help their students that enroll there. Lee Elemantary is an excellent public school compared to some of the schools, we've seen in the U.S.

Lee Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2008
Lee school has been a good school for my kids. My son had some issues with bullying but his teacher and the principal were very involved with my concerns and we never had problems since. I specifically like the diversity in cultures Lee represents in their students, my kids have the opportunity to meet classmates from different countries and come home telling me about it. The teachers my kids have seem to enjoy teaching and really care about my kids' progress. I gave Lee a four-star only because the facilities seem a bit out-dated but this in no way reflects badly nor does it compromise learning. Keep up the good work LEE Elementary!

Posted June 16, 2006
Lee School has great teachers, wonderfully small class sizes, good test scores, and a nice socioeconomic mix. We've had no complaints!

Lee Elementary School
701 Lee St, Manhattan, KS  66502
(785) 587-2050
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top