Manhattan, KS

Posted August 22, 2011
I had heard bad things about this school when we moved back to the Manhattan area. My daughter has now attended school there for three years and we have had three FABULOUS teachers! Yes, there is some student drama but I think that would be any school. My daughter went from struggling in reading and math to then scoring over 90% on the state assessments this last year. That is thanks to three wonderful teachers (Shepek, Duckworth and Clark) who brought her up to where she should be and beyond.

Posted December 09, 2007

Posted November 15, 2007

Posted September 24, 2007
I have three children with Northview. Some of their teachers are very good, some you need to be proactive and constantly communicate your concerns and wishes to them. I wish Northview has more music or other performances. I transfered my children from a school focused on extracurricular activities a lot so I really missed seeing my children's performance. My sons have complains about field trips not carrying out last year. I hope this year things will be better. Other than the above concerns, I think Northview is above average. The principal is very devoting and teachers are mostly nice.

Posted September 16, 2006
I love Northview as a school. I love many of the teachers. They are caring and really work to make your child excel. Northview was better a few years ago. We got a new Principal. She has made a few positive changes, such as bring the classroom's mobil computer labs, but she has also brought many bad things. For the most part though Northview is an great school. My children are advanced and a lot of the teacher has really began to start taking notice to their advancements and do well challenging them.

Posted September 14, 2006
I have a 2nd and 5th grader at Northview Elementary. I have been very impressed by the improvements made to the school in the last year or so. I've always been extremely impressed with the teachers, but recently the level of pride in the school, parent involvement, etc. has improved significantly. The school has been active in pursuing grants, implementing more technology, and increasing the pride of the students and staff. We even have an afterschool program at the school, which is available for students until 6:00. As a working parent, that is a huge benefit. The program covers numerous topics including theater, dance, hands-on math and science, health and fitness, and culture.

Posted May 02, 2005
I have two children at Northview, K and 2nd grade. Both are above average students, but constantly are not being pushed to accell. We were having problems with my Kindergardner because he was bored, and finally got the teacher to push him with reading. My second grader also is not pushed to learn more. When we arrived here last year my second grader was well ahead of his peers here, and has slowly regressed. The teachers are caring, but could do a better job of assessing the students needs and accellerating those who are capible of handleing more learning.

Northview Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2005
We have 2 children who attend this school. We recently moved here from a great school and are very disappointed. There is no disipline by the teachers, the lunch staff or the principal. The students are free to act as they want. The teachers focus on the students who need extra help and not those who are exceeding. It is a public school yet you are charged tuition of $50 per child.

Northview Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2005
I have to say, though we have three children in this school, it leaves alot to be desired in some areas. My main problem is with teachers respecting our wishes, as parents. Most of the time we feel ignored at best. Despite this, they have the BEST 6th grade teacher. Mr. J is awesome! My 11 yr old was an underachiever, this year she has really bloomed. Highly recomend this teacher!

Northview Elementary School
300 Griffith Dr, Manhattan, KS  66502
(785) 587-2070
Last modified Northview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top