Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It seems the teachers don't have a lot of interest in the children here. They go to recess 3-4 times a day + the have physical education time. There are a lot of inconsistencies from one classroom to the next.

Amount of homework: Disagree

We rarely, if ever have homework. I think it's absurd. I have to spend a great deal of time myself in working with my child outside of school to meet what I would consider average work. There is never an ounce of emphasis placed on taking pride in penmanship. Spelling words that are improperly spelled are not always counted wrong. The last few years at another school we had far more homework being brought home and I think my child seemed to excel more with the added challenge. Currently he seems to have become stagnant.

Develops character: Neutral

I don't think there is continuity in the rules within the school. I have seen them apply to some and not to others. One teacher will enforce something and the next one will say that the same rule is irrelevant. I think this sends a strong message to little ones too early in life.

I would say the school is average overall. I think there could be a significant improvement in structure. There is too much emphasis on "clipping up and down" in the lower grades and not enough emphasis on pride or accuracy in work being completed. My child's teacher has been instructing that an apostrophe + s made a noun plural and also uses very poor grammar in notes being sent home. It's not a "bad" school, but I don't know if we will return next year.

The new principal Ms Debbie Nauerth is not a good principal for that school. She replaced Mr. Eric Koppas and what a fine principal he was. All we ever seen from the students who attend there is how unhappy they are. This school is ran like a jail cell. As a parent, I find that troubling because kids are too be happy at school and as long as Ms Nauerth is there, I would recommend you choose a different school because she has no skills on how to deal with kids but rather have them clean the school and sit in the office

We absolutely love Woodrow Wilson. Our children have attended the school for four years and we couldn't be anything but happy. The staff is amazing. The teachers are outstanding. We couldn't ask for anything better.

We are a military family and move often, so when looking for schools I check this website. Moving to Manhattan, I researched the schools and decided on one school in particular that had a high rating from Great Schools. It didn't work out for us to live in the area that school services but let me say how GLAD I am that it didn't! Woodrow Wilson is an AMAZING school! My kids have attended here for 4 years and I wouldn't trade it for any other school in town! Amazing parents, teachers, staff, and administration! Don't let the rating fool you into thinking there's better here in Manhattan!

We have been at this school for 3 years and I consider it a good school. They have been attentive to my child with a learning disability. Faculty and Principal are outstanding. Presently going through construction to modernize and the staff is maintaining normal routines. Test scores are indicative of teachers and students abilities.

All the staff and teachers know all the kids and take great interest in their lives. Our son loves going here and it is a very parent involved school!

Last modified Woodrow Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.