Bad
Good

MHS is located 4 blocks from a University., and uses many KSU resources. The children of KSU Faculty attend this high school. For that reason it is one of the most multicultural places in the state, and can be one of the most academically challenging. It has many Advanced Placement Classes, allowing students to complete a year of University prior to graduation. It is a large school of 2000 students, Freshman in another building down the street and grades 10 - 12 in a facility being renovated. The school has sent many students to Harvard, Yale, and Stanford; surprising because most Ivy League students are from private schools. 70% of students move on to college. The University has about 25, 000 students, while the town has only another 30,000. If a family is focused on progression to University, this is the place. If the focus is elsewhere, it can be hard.

I recently graduated from MHS this year. I can honestly say it is nowhere equivalent to my last school. Although I only attended Manhattan for my last two years, I saw enough to know it was no place I would want to send my kids in the future. They certainly do have some excellent and inspiring educators who really do go unappreciated, but in the field of discipline lies a whole nother story. I saw so many kids who were constantly in trouble and constantly fighting. They would be suspended for one day and then be back at school the next. I feel like Manhattan tries to pride itself on being able to say 'we have the best sports program in the state and we also have the best students in the state because no one fails.'

I graduated from Manhattan High School in 2007, and I loved it. It is true that the building drastically needs to be re-done, but besides that I believe that the quality of education I recieved at MHS has prepared me to enter a prestigious college and succeed. As stated in other reviews, some of the teachers I had during my four years were outstanding, but others were not necessarily up to par. This can be found in almost any school district however. The culture and environment of the school is varied, because this is the only high school in a town of around 50,000 residents all demographics are represented. Throughout my schooling, I got to be friends with people of different races, ethnicities, religions, and socioeconomic statuses than myself. I do not think that MHS has any problems that are not found at any other 'typical' high school. I recommend it.

I attended MHS all four years of my high school. While the facilities are definitely not where they should be in terms of maintenance, the actual academics are excellent. From the '09 graduating class, there are 5 National Merit Scholar finalists- which is incredibly impressive by any measure of success. There are teachers who do not take their positions as seriously as they should, but most teachers do a great job of teaching students and trying to help them meet their potential. In my experience, the faculty have also all been very helpful. The student body is large enough that any individual who makes an attempt to find a place to fit in will succeed. The Debate/Forensics program has been very strong for the last several years, as have been the Fine Arts departments. As of this year, there are 14 AP courses offered.

This is a truely great school. There are so many different classes and the teachers really care....

I've read the other reviews and wonder if the parents heads are under a rock. This high school is a disgrace and the Manhattan/Ogden School district and Board should be ashamed of themselves. The facility is a disaster area, asbestos, bathrooms that should be condemned, a smell when you enter the building that begs the question, 'what are our children breathing in?', classrooms that haven't been maintained or updated since the school was built and a lack of resources that is unbelievable. Things are relative, because if anyone thinks this school is all it can be, then they haven't stepped out of Manhattan in some time. Academically speaking, it's hit or miss. For example, my child has an honors English class that the teacher rarely shows up to. UGH! I would steer anyone asking, away from this pit of a school.

I would not want my child to go to this school problems are so bad I pulled my children out of this district due to the problems

Very good school, nice school, lovely school, challenging school.

Last modified Manhattan High School West/East Campus is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.