Posted September 26, 2013
Yes, I have reviewed before but, I wanted to one more time. The ore I know about Bergman, the more I like! Especially the after school program BLAST ... amazing, affordable, and such a great experience for my daughter.. Each day is a different "theme" one day she'll be involved in something *sciency*, the next, reading, the next day a P.E. type activity, etc. She loves it and has a chance to make even more friends because of the kids being able to mingle more than during the regular school day. Great teachers and assistants at Bergman! I am so happy we were placed here for her 1st grade year!

Posted August 12, 2013
Absolutely impressed by the office staff and facilities at Bergman! My daughter loves it, too.

Posted July 08, 2011
Bergman is a fantastic school all around. We moved from out-of-state to Bergman this year and could not have been more pleased with our daughter's experience here. The principal is hands-on, approachable, and passionate about the students. Our daughter's teacher was wonderful and the best teacher we have ever encountered - very loving and nurturing while still pushing all students to excel. The school s academic standards are very high; in particular, last year the whole school had a big campaign to emphasize math. The after-school program is *excellent* - a very involved director, child care workers that love the kids, lots of activities, and great field trips on the days when Bergman is out of session. We also love the emphasis that Bergman places on respect and tolerance of ALL students. Overall, we feel so fortunate that our daughter is able to attend Bergman and would very highly recommend this school.

Posted October 25, 2010
Both of our kids went to Bergman for K-6 and we love the school. Our daughter is in 6th grade this year and even though we moved to a different part of town this past summer we kept her in Bergman this year. The teachers and staff are very friendly and always responsive to our needs. The teachers have been rigorous and excellent. The principal is energetic and knows all the kids by name. Some people who have written reviews here sound like they are unhappy with Manhattan in general. From our point of view we had nothing but great experiences at Bergman.

Posted January 26, 2010
This is an outstanding school with a committed group of professionals. I appreciate how the entire team works together to challenge those who are blessed with resources and/or talents while reaching to to those with needs both financially and educationally . This school is the best place to prepare my chidl for success in life and to peacefully co-exisist with other who may or may not be like her in race, creed, or culture. The principal always signs off on her newletter ( which come home in the backpack in is sent out to my electronic mailbox every week) 'Yours in educational excellence.' This committment is obvious in every classroom and on every day. We are so pleased that our child has the opportunity to attend Bergman !

Frank V Bergman Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2009
Truely a great school. Open to many students. Great teachers! Excellent afterschool.

Frank V Bergman Elementary School 0

Posted February 23, 2009
4 of my children attend Bergman and we love it! Teachers and principal are involved and caring. It's a beautiful school with a great faculty and a ton of parental involvement

Posted February 09, 2009

Frank V Bergman Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2008
I write this in response to the parent who feels the military is discriminated at Bergman. My husband and I both are in the military and have been shown nothing but support and respect from the principal and teachers. Not all military children are funneled to this school in this town. However, many military families end up at this school because they are able to meet the need of before and after school care. Kansas State University and the military provide this town with diversity in culture, religion, ethnicity, collegiate and military opportunities. This in turn has a positive impact on activities at Bergman and the attitude of the staff. I highly recommend this school.

Frank V Bergman Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2008
Most of the children that attend this school are either affiliated with the local university or the nearby military base. However, these two groups are treated differently at this school and around town. Warning to military families, you will be discriminated against at Bergman. This is sad since military families sacrifice so much to serve our great country! The people from the local area in Kansas say they are patriotic, but they do not extend any gratitude or respect to the military around here. Overall, the school is average, the other schools in Manhattan are less discriminating and more open minded to a variety of family backgrounds.

Frank V Bergman Elementary School
3430 Lombard, Manhattan, KS  66503
Last modified Frank V Bergman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank V Bergman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top