Posted March 08, 2014
Mound Valley Grade School is probably one of the most highly accredited elementary schools in the state of Kansas, receiving the Governor's Achievement Award two years in a row. My family has attended this school, and I can firmly tell you that we have all received a high quality education. The institution keeps the parents and family involved. There are regular events that allow the parents to see the level of success of their children. The teachers are very involved with the students, always challenging the students to achieve their full potential. The staff at Mound Valley Grade School are all willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to provide the education that every parent wants their child to have. Mrs. Green, the principal, is one of the most supportive people I have met in an educational institution. She is very proud of the institution she works in, and would do anything for the children, staff, and families of the people Mound Valley Grade School effects. In saying all of this, I can firmly recommend Mound Valley Grade School to all parents who want their children to receive a high caliber education.

Posted January 20, 2008

Posted August 31, 2007
I currently have 2 children attending this school. Typical class size is 17 students. I am very pleased with their academic standard. The teachers are readily available to help students and eager to discuss parental concerns. Staff members are devoted to helping each student achieve their individual best. The school offers intramural sports for grades 3-6 as well as program sports for grades 7&8. The school offers several activities for upper grade children such as Gen-Y, cheerleading, Yearbook staff, school newspaper, band, choir and plays. Frequent field trips are taken to enhance student learning. Academic incentives are given routinely. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged. Principal Sprague has been a breath of fresh air for parents and students. His genuine care and concern for the students is apparent. Security measures currently in place offer parents peace of mind. My children are receiving an excellent education and having a great time getting it!

Posted September 06, 2005
I am so happy with the education my children are now getting at Mound Valley. We drive at least 30 miles everyday usually twice a day. I have always been welcomed to come to school everyday, they are so great they ask me to come to class and observe my boys at any time.

Mound Valley Elementary School
402 Walnut, Mound Valley, KS  67354
Last modified Mound Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mound Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top