Mulvane, KS

Mulvane Grade School 3

Posted November 22, 2009
From our experience, this seems to be the weak link in the Mulvane school system. For example, we had 2 children enter this school that loved to read, and the teaching methods left them indifferent at best. They became avid readers again once they graduated to the next level. The problems we experienced here appear to be systemic, and start from the top down to the bottom. Communication is poor, and my kids learned to dislike school here. Fortunately, that has passed as they left this school. There are some good teachers here and those are the reason this school didn't get a lower rating but unfortunately there are many bad ones that offset them.

Mulvane Grade School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
So far I am not assured that the education received here will be as it should be. It seems that some communications are lost here.

Mulvane Grade School 4

Posted December 27, 2007

Mulvane Grade School 5

Posted July 03, 2007
This school has always been very professional and supportive to both of my children.

Mulvane Grade School 2

Posted January 05, 2005
This review concerns the Intermediate school. I found the performance of the teachers and the principal severly lacking. The 5th grade program began to place more responsibility on the students to complete tasks and assignments with less supervision then in 4th grade. In principle, that is a good idea, however, allowing a student to reach over 50 missed assignments without contacting the parent is not the way to do it. I was told in a conference reguarding a F that my son had that the by the teacher that she was not concerned, she knew he could do the work. This is not acceptable to me. After seeing grades slip and my son relize that there were no consequeces for not doing homework, I moved him to another district.

Mulvane Grade School 3

Posted April 22, 2004
For the most part I am finding that Mulvane schools cater to the middle range child. If a child needs differentiated instruction the schools are not open to meeting the needs. These schools are very teacher centered as opposed to child centered. One would find a few really dedicated teachers who will work hard to educate every child, but for the most part the teachers are mediocre at best and the schools are ran to meet the needs of teachers rather than students. The grade school has been a real disappoint to us as our child hates school. This child is a very intelligent child who sits and does worksheets and colors all day. Real thinking is not part of the curriculum. This, of course, is my opinion and experience as a parent with this school system. Other people have been very satisfied with the schools here.

Mulvane Grade School
411 SE Louis Blvd, Mulvane, KS  67110
(316) 777-1981
Last modified Mulvane Grade School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mulvane Grade School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top