Ogden, KS

Ogden Elementary School 3

Posted April 24, 2012
No good comments! They are "against bully" ? I don't think so! It's very sad that a small school have big problems and don't do anything about it.

Ogden Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
I am a military soldier and I'm very dissapointed with this school. My kid is always complaining about being bullying by teachers. I went there and nobody did anything. Now we'll do something about it. Please get to know the school first before enroll your child there. Probably they have good teachers and staff there but isn't everybody.

Ogden Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2011
My son went to school from Kindergarten to mid-third grade. I say mid because I pulled him out half way thorugh the year. Older boys were bullying him to the point of emotional shut down and when I approached the princple and told him the boys names he advised me my son would have to pick these boys out and tell him from his own mouth about it. It continued and got worse. One boy stabbed my son with a pencil. I discussed this with the pricniple who ensured my son's safety and that the other student had received a deserving punishment. The next week the other student was back in school and stabbed my son again. At this point I had a meeting with the princple and teachers who advised me they could not suspend the student from school because this was not a pattern. When I pulled my student out of school in fear of his safety, the school called me to tell me they were reporting me to Social Services because my child was truant. I advised them my legal council was involved as they failed to protect my child. This principle cares nothing for these children only for accolade of his own ego. The principle is the problem at this school. DO NOT let your children attend this school

Posted October 16, 2010
Being a teacher, I expect a lot from the schools my children attend. The principal is wonderful. We had technology in our classrooms way before some of the other schools in the district. The school is inclusive and students are taught in the least restrictive environment, which is the way it should be. It is very refreshing to see that the students accept each other for their abilities and disabilities. Some of the teachers are experienced and some are new. All work together to meet the needs of the diverse student population as well as the needs of the staff. We moved this year and still send our children to Ogden because of the excellent teachers and administrator. The school was remodeled this year and looks incredible!

Ogden Elementary School 0

Posted January 09, 2009
The Ogden Elementary School and its staff have won recognition as an outstanding school with innovative and effective programs. It has been described by some parents as one of Kansas' best kept secrets. In 2006 Ogden Elementary was one of sixteen schools nation wide to be recognized with an Intel Schools of Distinction Award.

Posted February 22, 2008
This school is set in a very small, very poor community. However, the teachers, principal, and staff are excellent. The school (thanks to many grants) has the latest technology that gives many opportunities to the students. They also have an awesome after school program for children who need a little extra help, or just won't have parents to go home to directly after school. My favorite part is that they have a Lab (yes, a dog) that roams freely throughout the school. He is a wonderful dog, and good for the kids. It gives this school a little extra special touch. We were suppose to move this year, but I refused because I don't want my children to have to leave this shool.

Posted November 10, 2006
Ogden Elementary is one of Kansas' best kept secrets! The staff genuinely cares for each student's welfare and the children love going to school. The learning environment is very structured yet the fun of learning has not been lost. The teachers, among the best I have ever encountered, use many innovations to help each child reach fullest potential. The principal actually takes the time to know each student by name, as well as many of the parents. Parent involvement is encouraged and the school hosts many family-focused activities throughout the year. We could not ask for a more positive, structured, values-based learning environment for our children. The school is one of the top 16 in the country and received the Scholastic Achievement Award for math this year.

Ogden Elementary School
210 Elm St, Ogden, KS  66517
(785) 587-2080
Last modified Ogden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ogden Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top